This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome Tyre Pressures (all models)

Here is Ant's advice regarding tyre pressures for Romahomes. This is a question that is asked a lot so I have made it a sticky thread to keep it.

-----------------------------------------------------

There are various different pressures posted on vehicles that can easily confuse, I've had some Berlingos with Relay tyre pressures listed on the door shut!

Here is what I put in the tyres of the Romahome range when servicing them.
    C15 - 40, 45 psi
    Old Berlingos 800kg Chassis - 43, 54. psi
    Old Berlingos 600kg Chassis - 40, 50. psi
    New Berlingo ( R20 and R25) - 35, 46. psi
    Dimensions/R30 - 55, 55. psi ( listed to have 58 all round but I find they bounce at that pressure)
    R40 - 50, 54 psi

You need to check which Berlingo you have ( 800 or 600 kg ) on your log book and that your tyres are reinforced extra load or commercially rated and able to take the pressures listed.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Mezan tyre pressure

Hi - does anyone have advice for best tyre pressure on Mezan 1.6hdi HiLo? Thanks :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Aikiwodge View Post
      Hi - does anyone have advice for best tyre pressure on Mezan 1.6hdi HiLo? Thanks :-)
      Are they on the same Berlingo base as the Romahome R20? If so I would imagine the tyre pressure would be the same as in Ant's post above.

New Berlingo ( R20 and R25) - 35, 46. psi
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Mezans are built on the 800Kg M59 Berlingo same as the Outlook/R20 and so tyre pressures will probably be 43psi front and 54psi rear as a starting point . BUT make sure that you have the proper commercial rated tyres fitted as people often fit car tyres and they are just not up to the job and coukld invalidate your insurance. The minimum load rating should be 84

Peter

Comment

Thanks for the responses

Comment

I do not have a motorhome of any make or model, nor any learned info about tyre pressures.
            But it has occurred to me that people doing conversions will probably not be able to get informed info. from anywhere.
            However there is a simple test using blackboard (not PC I know!) chalk. Which DOES work.

Quite simply:-
            Draw a chalk line across the width of the tyre tread.
            Drive the vehicle gently forward a few wheel turns over a smooth concrete surface.

The tread of a correctly inflated tyre for the load it is carring will not "shuffle" and the line, though obviously slightly fainter will be intact across the whole tread width.

On a SOFT tyre the line will scrub off on the outer edges of the tread and on an over-inflated tyre across the centre.

From there on it is obviously trial and error with loads and tyre pressures.
            Jim.
            Last edited by Twolitre; 06-05-2014, 15:50.
            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Given that this thread was initiated seven years ago, and there have been new versions of both Berlingo and Romahome in the meantime, do we think these figures are reliable for later models?
              Geoff

Comment

yes we do

Comment

Only just spotted your reply kyran , apologies and thanks.
                  Geoff

Comment

I should have mentioned, the reason I asked the question.

Our van (2018 Berlingo) has the Citro├źn sticker on the door pillar (no Romahome variant) and the fully loaded pressures specified are quite different from those above, Ant's or Peter's.
                    Geoff

Comment

I see your point Geoff and obviously Grahams post (which gave Ant's advice was up to date in 2013), Now I do not know what the correct tyre pressure should be, (I do not even have a Citroen Peugot based motorhome), but I know someone who should know the answer Simon aka Howards Citroen Jon
                      Support the NHS go to Just Giving

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X