Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water pump.

Hi,

I have an M reg Hitop Romahome. Had the electric's sorted when we bought it about 3 years ago. Tap worked with no issues until last year when it would take a little while for water to come after tap switched on. The time it took got greater and greater and now it isn't working at all. It isn't making a noise or anything. I've searched the other threads and haven't found a similar problem. Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks x

Hi.
    I suspect the micro switch in the tap is a bit tierd. If you look in the wardrobe at the back of the tap you'll see the wires coming up from the bottom of the wardrobe. Where they join pull them apart and connect the two that are coming up together, This effectively bypasses the switch in the tap. If you turn the tap on you should now be getting wet!
    Ant

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
      Hi.
      I suspect the micro switch in the tap is a bit tierd. If you look in the wardrobe at the back of the tap you'll see the wires coming up from the bottom of the wardrobe. Where they join pull them apart and connect the two that are coming up together. This effectively bypasses the switch in the tap. If you turn the tap on you should now be getting wet!
      Ant
      I have no wish to dispute Ants expertise, I simply wanted to say that if like my van you have Whale taps fitted it is dead easy to replace the microswitch, you need to remove the tap and the microswitch is very cheap and held in place with a plastic clip. There is a whale website which shows how to do it, but its really easy even I could do it.
      Good luck
      Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks- I've checked about the whale switch tap website and mine doesn't appear to be the same but thanks anyway. I've had a look at the wires coming up and will need to cut one of the ends off before I can join them. Will this mean the tap is constantly on the on position and will have to be turned off at the pump every time?
        Thank you both for such speedy advice.

Comment

Hi Brackenbracken.
          Your tap is a Comet tap, the only reason for joining the wires is to establish that the switch is duff. Once established you can either change the tap or just fir a searate switch ( a bell push switch would do) somewhere near the sink.
          Ant

Comment

Comet tap/water pump issue.

Hi,

I took delivery of a micoswitch today for my comet tap. It sounded like an easy job! I've loosened the nut which houses the water and elecrtic cables but try as I might I can't get the front part of the tap/switch housing off. Am I doing something wrong? I don't want to break the tap too!

Cheers,

Dawn

Comment

Hi Dawn.
              There are two styles of Comet tap. If yours has a rectangular body with a lever arm to turn it on you need to do the following.
              1 Pull the spout out the end. ( Hold the body of the tap as you do it)
              2 carefully, with the help of a flat object such as a knife or small screwdriver, prise the lever off the bottom. You must not crack the body casing at this point, if the casing cracks the switch will not work properly.
              3 Remove the casing and you'll see the switch inside.
              I normally just change the whole tap 'cause it's not easy getting it apart without causing any damage.
              If the tap has a round top that you turn to switch it on, then just pull the round bit off and you'll see the switch.
              Ant

Comment

Hi Ant- Thanks you're an absolute star!!!
                I have managed to change the microswitch. Unfortunately the casing was quite brittle and I think I may have cracked it a bit yesterday. I'll try and do some repairs to it and see how it goes. It is the rectangular version- haven't seen any of those to buy on line to replace.
                Thanks x

Comment

Tap success.

Happy to report tap is now working 100%. Thanks.

Comment

Congratulations, brackenbracken!

That sounds like a job well done.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X