Minor Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor Damage

We have just aquired a 2008 R20 Hylo with which we are most "chuffed". We have spotted this minor damage and I would be very gratefull if you could tell me the best method to effect a repair. (photo attached).

Geoff.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by macamxth1st; 20-06-2010, 12:45.

Originally posted by macamxth1st View Post
    We have just aquired a 2008 R20 Hylo with which we are most "chuffed". We have spotted this minor damage and I would be very gratefull if you could tell me the best method to effect a repair. (photo attached).

Geoff.
    Best method? Probably to get Ant to fix it. He made a bang up job filling the hole in my rear end. No pun intended.

Comment

Hi Geoff.
      You say you've just aquired the beastie, if it was from a dealer I'd take it back to them and ask them to help. If it was a private purchase you'll need to sort it yourself. As the vehicle is quite new you may be able to match the gel coat and repair it with same. If not it will need filling and painting, that is more of a DIY job than the gel coat method, matching the paint colour will be your only difficulty.
      Thanks
      Ant

Comment

Hi Ant.

Thanks, as we had to do a 450 mile round trip to get the van and as the damage is reletively light and in a very inconspicuous location I have just filled it with Isopon Bumper filler and will sand it down and put a drop of paint on it. Its location means that you have to get on your hands and knees to see it so as long as the paint match is close then that will be fine.

Once again, Thanks,

Geoff.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X