replied
    Leisure Battery

Thanks Ant, most helpfull.

Regards, Stu

Leave a comment:

• ant
    replied
    Hi Stu.
    If you already have a 2nd battery fitted ( albeit a car battery) you can check the relay by disconnecting the 2nd battery turn the lights on and then start the engine. If the ligfhts come on you have a split charging relay of some kind.
    If you're replacing the battery and you don't have a battery box, buy a sealed for life battery that has no vent. if you have a vented battery it should be in a sealed box that is vented outside somewhere.
    Trickle charging from a cheap little charger is fine.
    The battery amp/hr should be as close as you can get to match the starting battery ( which will be between 60 and 70 amp) so a 75 to 85 amp/hr 2nd battery will be fine.
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• stu5052
    started a topic Leisure Battery

Leisure Battery

Hi Ant.
    I need to fit a leisure battery in our 1987 C15 Roma. Can you make any reccommendations. I only run lights and possible a fridge or coolbox in the future... what amps do I need? are they best fitted in a battery box? there is a car batterry fitted at the moment which is charged when the engine is running I presume there is a relay fitted to do this, how can I check this is the case and if so can I fit a trickle charger to the leisure battery for when its stood on the drive? or do I need to look at an electics mamagement system? (that sounds posh).

One more daft question, is the fibre glass shell a single or double skin?

Thanks for all you help and assistance.

Regards

Stu

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X