Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outlook gas bottle locker

Dear Ant help again please.
    Our Outlook is 3 years old, this year we have had trouble locking the locker door the metal lever catches on the rubber inside, and it needs force to pull out the metal lever inside to pass the rubber in order to shut the door & lock it , however it retracts eventually and I have to find a strong passer by to bend the lever back out again, & so on, eventually I fear the door will get damaged and lock strained. Am I the only one with this problem? why has this happened and what is the solution please?
    Thank you
    Barbara

Hi Barbara.
    You're not alone, but sadly the problem is mainly "pilot error". What is happening is you're not making sure that the locking lever is properly out of the way when shutting the locker door. If, when shutting the locker you turn the key to the fully open position, hold it there, then close the door, push it against the rubber surround and then turn the key to lock it, you should never catch the locking lever and bend it in so as to make it too tight to use.
    I've watched a customer with the same complaint close his locker by pushing the door shut then putting the key in to lock it, he bent the lever every time!
    Ant

Comment

outlook gas bottle locker

Ant where would we be without you! thank you so much for your prompt reply, it seems the solution is replace the offending bits with new, and take care when closing the locker. If I phone you would it be possible for you to post a replacement to me.

Thank you again
      Barbara

Comment

I used to bend ours back with my fingers, I thought the metal was rather soft.
        Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X