Extra headspace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra headspace

Hi, I have a 2003 Berlingo Multispace micro camper and it's just perfect .............. except for one thing, there's just a few inches too little headspace for me to stand and get dressed. I have been looking for an old fashioned push-up mushroom top to have installed, but I can't find one. I can't afford a huge roof lift-up system, so I think the best option is for me to have a sunroof fitted and then make a mushroom top type gadget for when I'm actually parked and camping. Can anyone recommend a good sunroof fitter? I'm near Oxford, but could travel a reasonable distance. I've checked out the normal way (google etc) for installers, but I'd prefer to have a recommendation from someone who has had something similar done and is happy with the result. Thanks for any help / advice you can give.

That is going to be an expensive solution and might not be practical or possible.

Coult you look at other approaches instead eg rolling up trouser legs before putting them, getting dressed while sitting, kneeling on the floor (use knee pads or buy a £1 gardening kneeler pad). There are usually simple solutions to most problems.

I'm 1.75m and when I camped in my Kangoo van this had 1.22m headroom, similar to a Berlingo, and I found ways of adapting to a confined space. It's all part of the fun and improvisation of camping!

Comment

Good suggestions. It is just a matter of being flexible, like when camping in two berth tent, something I did until I was 62! Or get a small awning and dress in there,
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

If I had a small camper I would have to have a pop top roof fitted, as I can't do a constant crouch because of back problems. I think I would save up and have the real thing fitted, rather than compromise, if that's at all possible. It will also add a lot of value to your little camper.

Another cheaper option is to get a small drive away awning.

Comment

Have you considered a roof vent? See Derekoak's photos on the thread about his new campervan https://community.smallmotorhome.co....l-camper/page4

Comment

The only good thing about only being 5ft 2ins tall that I have ever found is that I can stand up in my campervan (just, in the middle) without having to pop the top. I would find it very difficult otherwise and would have to put the roof up all the time.

I think the best solution would be a proper Heki rooflight, not cheap but it would give you a couple of inches extra even when not open, which might just be enough, or you could open it. That would be better than a sunroof and you wouldn't have to close it completely for a light shower. I'm not really sure what you mean by a mushroom, the domes you see on some motorhomes are the satellite system covers.

Comment

... or one of these?
              https://packashack.co.uk/products/hatch-shack

Comment

Or this one, the Caranex, a similar product but a bit bigger than the packashack I think. I used one for many years off and on very successfully, but eventually dumped it because it started leaking badly. I rang the company and complained. 'How old is it?' I was asked. 'About 25 years' sez I. I was told my guarantee period had ever-so-slightly run out....! A great unit which gave me lots of cheap camping holidays. I had an annex sewed onto the side of it, doubling its size; great job.
                http://www.caranex.com/
                Cynthia.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X