Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useful info about seat cushions

Hi everyone.
    A lot of you have been very helpful to me this last week so I thought I'd share some good info. I just used a brilliant company for some foam for new seat cushions. Ordered good grade firm foam on Monday, they cut them and dispatched them yesterday and they arrived first thing this morning. All for around £82 which was the cheapest quote I could find anywhere. Hope that helps someone.
    http://www.anyfoam.co.uk

Well, when I have a bit of money spare, I would like some new seats myself, so the link will come in useful at some point, that's a really good deal you got there, upholstery foam don't come cheap! Let us know how you get on with it, and how it is to sleep on. My beds need an extra inch or two in depth - it feels like you are sleeping on the bare locker boards without mattress toppers!

Comment

Will do, I'm upholstering them this weekend and then we'll give them a go.

Comment

Hi Graham, if you're reading this how come the thread has been moved? have I started it in the wrong place? Or done something wrong?

Comment

Sounds great but just wondering - my seat cushions (which are fine and don't need replacing yet) are on a wooden base - need the base to give support over the locker space underneath. Are you putting yours onto wooden base or don't you need that sort of rigidity in your van?

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Byrony's new seats

Comment

Originally posted by Byrony The Snail View Post
            Hi Graham, if you're reading this how come the thread has been moved? have I started it in the wrong place? Or done something wrong?

I just thought it was more appropriate in this section than the Romahome section. I have a mad tidy up when I can to keep the forum tidy and that helps people who are looking for information.

Don't worry about it I'm just house proud or should that be forum proud.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by cedas View Post
              Sounds great but just wondering - my seat cushions (which are fine and don't need replacing yet) are on a wooden base - need the base to give support over the locker space underneath. Are you putting yours onto wooden base or don't you need that sort of rigidity in your van?

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Byrony's new seats
              Hi Cedas sorry it took long time to reply, I forgot to look to see if this thread was still going.
              Yes I've put the new foam on the original wooden bases (they sound just like yours). I covered the foam with that white wrap stuff (in total cost about a fiver from Dunelm) then stapled the upholstery fabric over and onto the wood with hospital style corners. The worst bit was sewing up the corner seams. This was a bit fiddly and my fingers got sore (I should have used a thimble). I did have to buy the electric staple gun but it wasn't too expensive from Scewfix. A bit scary at first but I soon got the hang! Just made sure my husband was in the house just in case I ended up stapling my head to the cushions!
              All I have left to do are the overhead pelmet things, when I have I'll put some before and after photos on. We're feeling rather smug at the moment, we've managed to strip the whole van, fix a diesel leak, solvent wash, steam and dry the leak out of the wood floor, lay new carpet, completely scrub (and disinfect) every inch of the little beast, fix all the catches and hinges and re-upholster it in a fortnight (whilst working too). We're taking her on her maiden voyage next week. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                I just thought it was more appropriate in this section than the Romahome section. I have a mad tidy up when I can to keep the forum tidy and that helps people who are looking for information.

Don't worry about it I'm just house proud or should that be forum proud.
                I like your thinking Graham! I'm a bit of a stationary and list freak!

Comment

Hi Bryony! How is your foam to sleep on? I'm still wondering whether to get some and make new seats/beds for my caravan, but unsure which foam to go for!

Thanks, Jay

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X