Romahome c15 hylo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome c15 hylo

Hi everyone,I am looking to replace the back axle on my 1992 Romahome C15 Hylo,does anyone know where I can get a re con axle? C15 ones are easy to get,but I think the spring set up is different on the romahome. Any help much appreciated. Cheers,Howard [Blackpool]

Hi Howard

The spring setup is no different to any other C15.

Your Hilo should have been built on a chassis cab rated I think at 765KG, some vans are rated at 800Kg but most are 600Kg. You may also have some kind of spring assisters fitted. A secondhand axle ideally needs to be the 765Kg or the 800 Kg version.

If you are fairly handy you can remove the axle yourself. Ask your local Citroen dealer how much to change the suspension bearings if you deliver the axle to them.

When we had a C15 Rigbyes at Eccleston near Chorley changed ours with the axle on the vehicle for £360 a few years ago. I would have done the job myself but You need a very specilized spring compressor

Comment

hylo tear axle

Thanks Peter, I have a recon C15 axle fitted,but the van is sitting too low at the back end,perhaps if I take it to a citroen dealer they could sort out.... the axle provider did not have the spring compressor,so it looks like bite the bullet time! Thanks for your prompt reply.Howard.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X