Night heater/water heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night heater/water heater

Hi folks, Whilst the weather is still mild and I've got a spare bit of small cash available I'm thinking of buying a blow heater and water heater for Lilly the Nipper,Im possibly going to get a Carver water heater (unless anyone could recommend abetter one) but as for the night heater Im a bit unsure,I've seen the Eberspachers and the Propex but Im wondering what are they like to run e.g.; economy, noise ease of fitting etc., As I said I have a bit of spare cash but only enough for a new blow heater so I will probably have to get a second hand water heater. I am quite handy with the tools so fitting wont be an issue and my mates a gas fitter with his LPG ticket so getting it tested wont be a problem, So I was hoping some of you more seasoned campers might be able to show me the right route to go down.
    All replies much appreciated
    Thanks
    Rick

Its all a question about room and Money if going for a night heater on a small van like your which I assume is a petrol engine Gas is out of the question I would think as you have limited space to carry extra or bigger bottles which takes us back to a Petrol heater which are available but expensive as you will have difficulty sourcing a second hand one. I have never seen or heard of a petrol water heater

on checking for a night heater have a look here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WEBASTO-AI...item3f0fb54d7a

Alf

Comment

Thanks Alf
      I was thinking more along the lines of either diesel or gas blown air heater,diesel being run from a small tank and we have room for a small gas bottle next to the regular bottle so really space isn't an issue, I was just after thoughts on what people have regarding running costs ,noise and practicality,Ive just put a bid on a second hand Carver Mk2 elec/gas water heater so fingers crossed that should be sorted, just need to order a hot and cold tap now,
      This is the heater that I am thinking of buying ,but I wouldn't mind some peoples thoughts on it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010204502...84.m1438.l2649

Thanks again
      Rick

Comment

Heater

Hi Rick that looks fine I hope you are successful you can get an Water heater and Blown air heater combined if this will save you space
        Alf

Comment

Oh right,, thanks, I didn't know that, you don't happen to know who makes them do you?
          Rick

Comment

Is it Truma?

Comment

Combi

Rick I think it's a truma 602 combi you could use Red diesel for heating and hot water

Alf

Comment

I've had a look at a few reviews on the diesel night heaters and from what I can gather there is a few issues with them being smelly and having a noisy pump, so it looks like its going to be the gas air blown heater, the favourite still seems to be the Propex heatsourse 2000,so we'll see how it goes.
                Rick

Comment

Van a

We have been lucky on the several vans we have had with diesel Eberspachers we have not had any with a noisy pump however a reoccurring problem has been the noisy exhaust not many converters follow the manufactures instructions for the length of exhaust pipe and position several vans ago I fitted an extra silencer and a bit of pipe we have moved this on to our newer van each time. On smaller vehicles
                  I think the heater running of the van fuel a better option particularly if you enjoy wild camping you leave the gas for the fridge and cooking.
                  Best of luck.

Alf

Originally posted by rick and jue View Post
                  I've had a look at a few reviews on the diesel night heaters and from what I can gather there is a few issues with them being smelly and having a noisy pump, so it looks like its going to be the gas air blown heater, the favourite still seems to be the Propex heatsourse 2000,so we'll see how it goes.
                  Rick

Comment

Night heater? Night heater?

What a load of lightweights! I suppose you all have the central heating on at home all night and keep the windows closed as well???

That's what duvets are for! ( and Golden Retrievers, they're nice and warm too)
                    :jump for joy:Jimish

Comment

Well I've gone for the Propex 2000,quite a good price £429,99 from JK campers, looking on flea bay there all around the £500 mark, so hopefully will get it fitted for next week. All I need now is to source a water heater

Rick

Comment

Gas

Rick will you be going to propane then this is a must really in cold weather

Alf

Comment

Fortunatley Alf, I got a propane kit(bottle strap,regulator,pipe ect) with it,it was on offer so at least I have now got the choice,
                          Rick

Comment

Originally posted by jimish View Post
                            Night heater? Night heater?

What a load of lightweights! I suppose you all have the central heating on at home all night and keep the windows closed as well???

That's what duvets are for! ( and Golden Retrievers, they're nice and warm too)
                            Jimish, jimish whatever are you thinking .......... the night heater is for the Gold Retrievers!!
                            Mary

Comment