led lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

led lighting

wondering how i can change the silly little lights in my mezan, halogen 12v two pin things for led. any ideas? they seem to drain the battery and then the diesel heater will not fire up, sometimes, and with the summer we are having over in france(midi pyrenees) the heater is needed

Originally posted by shirleyanne View Post
    wondering how i can change the silly little lights in my mezan, halogen 12v two pin things for led. any ideas? they seem to drain the battery and then the diesel heater will not fire up, sometimes, and with the summer we are having over in france(midi pyrenees) the heater is needed
    I'd be surprised if anything on 12v lighting wise would drain a leisure battery on it's own (someone correct me if I'm wrong!). Is there something else you're using or is left on that could be flattening the battery?

If you don't have a leisure battery then it would well be that anything like this will flatten the car battery and with a diesel engine, you need extra power to start the engine anyway. Do you have a heavy duty battery?

As a temporary measure, don't use the lights and buy a cheap camping light which runs off batteries or better still, the camping gaz lanterns which also provide heat, which might come in handy instead of using the diesel heater.

Can't advise of availability in France, but I bet they have them.

Like this for example:http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/sh...rn-476988.html

Comment

I don't have a diesel heater, but presumably it has an electrically driven fan. Any electric motor uses much more power than lights. Could it be that your battery is well depleted from the last time you had your heater on rather than from the consumption of your lights?
      LED lighting will possibly help though because the current consumption is infinitesimal compared with other forms of lighting. Used only for LED lighting my battery lasts weeks rather than the days with other forms of lighting.

I replaced the bulbs in my reading lamps, which took the same bulbs used in most car/van flashers with bayonet fitting bulbs from Paul Goff. www.norbsa02.freeuk.com

Jim.
      Last edited by Twolitre; 24-07-2010, 19:55.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X