Electrical incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical incident

Something strange happened in my Duo today.

When I arrived home, as I switched off the engine, my son opened the passenger door, I heard a pmmf sound and I smelt hot wiring.

With a small torch and magnifying glass I checked all the fuses in the banks under the dashboard and there was no black smudging and all wires appeared intact. Everything I tried worked OK. I drove 2 miles and everything was OK.

I am very puzzled. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi Twinkletoes.
    Try the heater blower, if it was blowing when you switched off the engine, was it blowing when you started again? I've had a few, not many, burn out the resitor on the motor itself, you'll find the motor under the dash on the passengers side. If it has died change the whole unit, repairs to them don't last.
    Ant

Comment

Twinkletoes, I just love the description 'pmmf'. I just knew exactly what that sounded like!

Comment

Thanks Ant, I don't think anything was running at the time, but I'll go and check. Also a friend said re-create the switching off and door opening to see if the same happens. I'll just have to get a big thick crowbar and prise my son away from his fantasy war game (not an easy task even for meals!!).

Hi Dolly, I'm glad someone recognised the description

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X