Mesh "window" repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesh "window" repairs

Hi - can anyone help with how I should repair two little "gashes" (maximum 1 inch long) in those odd "quarter lights" in the pop up roof of my Duo Hylo Plus, please ?

I don't want them to get worse so it makes sense to get them sorted sooner rather than later ie I don't want to wait until next spring - who knows how long they'll be by then

Many thanks - Carole

First thing is to carefully drill a tiny hole at the tip of the crack (which is my assumption of what you mean by "gash"). That should stop them growing longer. Then they can be carefully filled with a drop of clear resin. Which you will hopefully be able to buy in a small quantity at a model shop.
    Jim.
    Addition. I think I might have made a wrong assumption. Not being familiar with a Hylo Plus I assumed they were clear plastic or perspex items. Re-reading your post I now think they are perhaps ventilation mesh of some kind. In which case my offering is a load of rot!
    Last edited by Twolitre; 05-10-2010, 16:36.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hi, Jim - thanks for getting back to me so promptly and yes, your last assumption is a "load of rot" The problem is, indeed, in ventilation mesh ie fabric. Any advances on your "charming" contribution so far, please ..... ?

Take care - Carole

Comment

Originally posted by Sotontraveller View Post
        Hi, Jim - thanks for getting back to me so promptly and yes, your last assumption is a "load of rot" The problem is, indeed, in ventilation mesh ie fabric. Any advances on your "charming" contribution so far, please ..... ?

Take care - Carole
        Hi Carole.If the edges meet then stick sellotape on one side,probably outside is best and join on the other side with clear silicone rubber adhesive,when dry remove the sellotape,job done.
        Ian
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Ahh, that's sounds sensible. I'll have a go at that, Ian, thank you.

Carole

Comment

Hi Carol

Do you mean the mesh netting that covers the roof vent (inside)? If so, we had the same problem as you, in our Outlook.

I managed to get a spare part - ie the whole, albeit, broken frame but with net intact. I carefully removed the net in one piece and cut a thin strip of sticky velcro around the edge, the 'opposite' sticky velcro being stuck on frame in van. Hey presto, a detachable net. You could also get a bit of netting from local market and do something with that. I think the original had been heat sealed on and could not manage that but glue might be fine.

The supplier of broken frame was none other than the very helpful Ant who happened to have a broken frame and like all good craftsmen, had not thrown it away!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X