Battery problems/ clamp question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery problems/ clamp question.

Hi just received some easy clamp thingys for the battery terminals but one doesn't seem to fit. It's the red one (the one that I need most, naturally!).

The question is, should both the posts be the same on a leisure battery as it appears that the positive terminal is a bit larger than the negative, which is why it won't fit? Or should easy fit be universal (and easy fit on both terminals??) if not, what would everyone suggest instead of the really awkard original terminal clamps I have? I know I can buy ordinary clamps for cars which are universal fitting, but I was hoping not to have to have spanners and all that milarkey every time I want to charge the battery by having to remove the darned things.

I bought a smart charger recently, all that seems to have done is drain the battery, as I found out at Polstead. Just wondering if its the clamps that did it, as the red one turned out to be disconnected from the battery, leaving only the black connected. The leisure battery was attached, and when I got there I found that the battery switch was turned on, although the smart charger wasn't plugged into the EHU. Almost sure it isn't the charger, but the connections which are at fault.

I'm actually sending this set of clamps back as the red one is very hard to open and shut anyway, beside the fact that it doesn't fit.

Apparantly the red clamp doesn't fit as its a reject! LOL! There was me thinking it was me! The firm are sending me a new red one out in the post... Watch this space.

Comment

Why do you need the red one most jayjay?
      Is it because its the prettiest?

It does not matter which you remove. Your battery will still be isolated. You do not need to remove both.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hi 2L!

I need to replace both terminal clamps as the original ones are very hard to put on and remove. So I thought I'd get these easy release things as I will occasionally need to charge the leisure battery - you have to over winter I think. And I hate all that milarkey with spanners trying to get the ordinary car ones off. Am hoping that I can sort this at the weekend!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X