Tambour doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tambour doors

I wonder if anyone can help. I have redesigned the interior of my Romahome R20 to have a separate loo/washroom where the kitchen normally rsides at the rear. We have two fixed half bulkheads and need a tambour concertina type door for the gap in the centre. Although I have found these in many vans the makers will not sell separately and even using the web I cannot locate anything suitable. There's not room for a wooden door and the curtain works but could do better. Any ideas?

I wonder if a double glazing firm could make one to measure? It might be worth asking the question!

Also there are cut-to-size concertina ones usually in B&Q or catalogues. Or used to be!

Comment

I have been thinking about a tambour door for my Romahome Demountable, as I have taken out the original fridge and putting in a smaller electric only fridge which will give us more cupboard space. A tambour door seems like the obvious choice as it won't get in the way in the galley.

I do my renovations by trial and error and usually manage to get something individual and just right for the job, but it always takes me ages.

I made a tambour door under bed shoe box some time ago, so I thought I would make something similar for the van. A tambour door is easy to make with slats glued onto fabric using PVA glue. Then you have to fit a groove for it to run into. I used a router because it has to be curved at the top so it has somewhere to go when you open it up. You could probably get a furniture maker to make the runner if you designed it.

Patricia

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X