Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eberspacher heater

Hi
    Recently Ive not been able to use the heater from the battery . Its o k when hooked up to The electric and the battery is fully charged . Any ideas please .

We had one of these heaters and the state of the battery is critical, if it falls below a certain voltage the heater will not start. I'm sure someone will be along to tell you what that voltage is but it is the battery rather than the heater that is the problem if it works on mains hook up.
    Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin .

Comment

Hi Dave.
        Colin is right in saying the heater requires good battery voltage to function. You not only need a good 12volts but also a battery well enough to hold its charge during the large current demand on light up. IF YOU ATTEMPT TO LIGHT AN EBERSPACHER HEATER MORE THAN 3 TIMES WITH LOW VOLTAGE THE HEATER WILL LOCK OUT. The only cure for this particular lock out is to buy it a £385-ish control unit. Much cheaper to spend £50 or £60 on a new battery!
        Ant

Comment

Thanks Ant . If it has locked out does it mean a trip to the dealers to get it unlocked or will it work on hook up ?
          Cheers Dave

Comment

Hope you didn't try it more than 3 times then, Dave - good job then that I went for a Webasto when I installed one in my Bongo !!!

Mike

Comment

I think you might be right . It was already fitted in the van when I bought it . Im not very impressed by it . Too noisy at night and not enough info given by the dealer during handover . If it needs re setting then it means a trip to main dealer in Maidstone as motorhome dealer does not want to know when things go wrong with it !

Dave

Comment

Dave.
                Once it's locked out that's it, it wont go on hook-up or battery, the only cure known to man is a replacement control unit. It sounds like you've got lucky if it still works on hook-up. You could try starting it with the engine running, if it works then get a new leisure battery!
                Ant

Comment

Ant

Thanks so much for your advice . It works with the engine running so a new battery it is . Is there somewhere I could camp near to your dealership as I think it would be best for me to come to you for my service next year .
                  Thanks again Dave .

Comment

Hi Dave

Wise decision, we always go to Ant for our service, you wont get better in our opinion.

If you are a Camping and Caravan Club member you could try the cheddar camp site HERE, it is around 20 minutes drive from Ants.

We stayed there last for our last two visits to Ant see our review HERE

There is also a small campsite just down the road but weren't really impressed for the price which was a tad expensive but it was very convenient.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

How about camping in Ant's compound - nice and near for the service - and a nice free full English breakfast on the premises - sorted!!

Mike

Comment

That sounds good !!!!

Comment

If Ant sees this posting - it wasn't me that suggested it - OK?

Mike

Comment

I've been looking into Eberspachers recently and seen the problem with the lockout which, I think (from memory) occurs if the battery voltage falls below 10.5(??).

Does anyone know if this also applies to Webasto diesel heaters too?

Comment

If you have a propane gas supply why not use a Propex heater?
                              http://www.propexheatsource.co.uk/
                              I get the feeling they are easier to retrofit and cheaper
                              Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X