Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sourcing parts

Hi all

This may be old news to you but it's new to me, so sorry if I am boring you, but maybe it will be useful info for some people needing a part some time.

Some kind (NOT!) person ripped off my nearside mirror while it was parked very neatly and not at all in anyone's way. I contacted Ant to see what I should do as getting to Avon atm was really not possibe for me. He in his normal helpful frame of mind told me to contact GSF for the part and then take it to a local garage to get it put on, or he reckoned I could even do it myself!

I contacted GSF but they said they don't stock the part, so then I googled berlingo wing mirror and came up with a couple of comparison sites. Brilliant! I entered the details of what I wanted and within 12 hours I received 10 quotes back by email and could then choose which one to go with. I chose 'Wing Mirror Man', through 'the parts gateway' site, as they were the cheapest.

Goodness knows when it will arrive due to the weather and Xmas hols, but I expect it will

Seasons greetings to all.

Eurocarparts
    www.eurocarparts.com
    stock them.

I bought one from them for our car a couple of years ago. If it is a maual one it is very easy to fit.

Remove the trim on the inside, support the mirror on the outside and undo the torx bolt. Lift broken parts away. Reverse instructions to fit new mirror. Time about 10 minutes.

You can also buy from here.
    http://www.wingmirrorman.co.uk/berlingo.html
    Yours is the same as the Berlingo van
    Last edited by peterholden; 20-12-2010, 20:16.

Comment

The mirror arrived, but they have sent the wrong one, in that they have sent a manual one and not an electric one although the website required that I enter my reg #, from which, if they had checked, they would have known it was an electric one that was needed. We are now quibbling over who should pay the postage for returning the one they have sent me. I don't see how it is my mistake as I entered all the information they asked for when I ordered it.

Comparison websites are only as good as the competence of the humans working on the details methinks.

Comment

Oh dear!

I think that manual or electric windows was at one point an option, so it might be that which has lead to the misunderstanding.

To be fair, if you pay the postage back, they still have another load of postage to send you the right one.

I've had to send several things back which weren't right, always paid the postage as I wanted the replacement asap!

Comment

Yes jayjay, you are right, and very reasonable. I am being a grumpy old woman

Comment

Originally posted by GypsyMe View Post
            Heh heh heh I am the world's original BAH HUMBUG at this time of year, we must be kindred spirits! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GypsyMe View Post
              When you grumpy old women have quite finished__Happy christmas and a good new year,I am looking forward to meeting you all in the spring.

HO HO HO
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Happy holidays to you too, and may spring happen soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                  When you grumpy old women have quite finished__Happy christmas and a good new year,I am looking forward to meeting you all in the spring.

HO HO HO
                  I do hope you had some company over Christmas/ Happy New Year

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X