door for bambi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door for bambi

Hi people, although I have not been active on the site for a while, I have been reading different things, and once again I am asking for help.

This morning one of our neighbours called on us to tell us someone had broken into our camper on the roadside

Whoever thedid it, they didn't take anything, mainly because anything of value is removed after each trip. They just made a mess, that we can cope with. What's driving us crazy is the fact that they broke the door to get in....not just the lock....they used a crowbar, and completely demolished the top door!! Does anyone know where to get a decent door, I have looked on e bay but there doesn't seem to be anything. My OH says he will make a replacement if needs be although I am sure he's more than capable, I'm just trying to save us some stress.

While I'm on here GlenW did you ever find the pdf file for dihatsu hi jet? if so please can I have a copy?

Sorry to hear about the damage to your van, I hope you can get it sorted. Maybe these maybe of help?? http://www.bedfordrascal.com/bambi.html

I have got the PDF's for the Hijet, I have the owners manual, haynes data books for 86-90, 95-97, 4x4 and pick-up/van - they are not full haynes manuals, just lots of data.

Which ones did I offer you? I have a memory like a seive!!! If its the owners manual you want, its a very large file, 65,277kb, so I'm not sure I'll be able to email it or upload it onto here!
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

GlenW

Hi, Your memory is not playing tricks on you....I never got in touch with you about the hi jet...I just read it on a different thread and because we have a hi jet and have been told that they don't do a haynes manual, I put 2 and 2 together and came up with so don't worry about it(unless you can think of some other way of doing a copy

Comment

Awww, I'm so sorry this has happened.

I wish ppl would leave things alone that don't belong to them. We wouldn't have even thought about doing that to someone's vehicle when we were young.

Any chance you can make a drive to put it on? I had a soft surface drive put here, and reversed the van in, so that the door was out of view.

Alternately, when you have got it sorted, how about one of these?
        http://www.fiammastore.com/Fiamma-Se...ty-Door-Handle

They are quite expensive, but any fool could see they won't be able to crowbar either top or bottom of the door open with a bar over both.

Comment

thanks

Thanks Jay Jay, unfortunatly where we live there is no chance of putting in a drive, but we will certainly look into your idea when we get it sorted

Comment

Originally posted by beckiesgran View Post
            Hi, Your memory is not playing tricks on you....I never got in touch with you about the hi jet...I just read it on a different thread and because we have a hi jet and have been told that they don't do a haynes manual, I put 2 and 2 together and came up with so don't worry about it(unless you can think of some other way of doing a copy

I'll post the data pdf's on here, they are small enough, the large PDF is just a copy of the original owners manual supplied by Daihatsu, you are right, Haynes didn't do a full manual for it. If you need a copy, I can get it to you some way I'm sure.
            Attached Files
            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Is the Bambi rear door the same as older caravan doors?

I would talk to your local caravan dealer in the first instance, if it is there are a number of caravan breakers around the country

Comment

I have a spare romahaome door will that fit
                I am based in Long Eaton near Nottingham
                the door comes in 2 halves but doesnt have windows in it

Comment

doors

Thanks for your reply, could you do us a favour and measure the width and length of each door? Ours is a dsimountable camper and I don't know if they are the same as other bambis.
                  Also - what price are you asking for the door?

Comment

If it is a dismountable it is not a Bambi and so a rear door from a C15 hytop Romahome would fit.

Can you post a picture of your van

This is a bambi
                    Attached Files

Comment

bambi

Hi, The picture you have posted is just the same as the van we have.

The only difference is that ours is on a daihatsu hi jet. It was on a bedford until the engine blew up!

We then used the legs at the front and the stabilizers at the back to remove the base vehicle and replace it with the hi jet.

Comment

The picture is of an Autohomes Bambi and it is definitely not a dismountable

This is a Romahome on a Bedford and it is a dismountable
                        Attached Files

Comment

van pics

Hi peterholden I have been trying to send you pictures of what we did to the van.....but it's beyond my computer knowledge. All I can tell you is we did what we had to do to get a vehicle back on the road.

Comment

There is a help guide at the beginning of the forum on how to put photos into posts, ask Pauline for help.

Comment

Originally posted by beckiesgran View Post
                              Hi peterholden I have been trying to send you pictures of what we did to the van.....but it's beyond my computer knowledge. All I can tell you is we did what we had to do to get a vehicle back on the road.

Have a look here, I have done a video tutorial of how to attach a picture.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Smallmot.../4/2rPdmlTTkP4

If it doesn't work it could be because the picture is too big, in this case it will need to be resized using http://www.tinypic.com
                              Graham
                              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X