butane V propane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

butane V propane

My bottle needs a refill but before I do I would like to hear from anyone on the advantages or disadvantages of changing over to Propane? I understand it works better in low temperatures and we do use the bus all year round, but is it more expensive, does it last longer or give better performance etc. also what is the largest bottle that will go into the gas compartment of my C15D. Thanks in advance. Nic

The only propane cylinder that you can fit in a C15 locker is 3.9Kg

Calor is about £14.50 to exchange at the moment but you need a calor cylinder. You can change from one size to another and from butane to propane with a few exceptions. If you do not have a cylinder to exchange they will want you to start a rental agreement at some extortionate price.

I got a spare cylinder for nothing from our local freecycle group. Someone on her got one from their local recycling centre, our local tip are tight and whilst they had a cage full of gas cylinders they would not part with one. I don't appear to use any more gas with propane than I did with butane but it is definitely better in cold weather. You can carry a spare cylinder in the other locker on a C15, we can't on our Outlook because our hot water tank is in there.

One or two people have had a little difficulty in getting the calor cylinder through the doorway but that is easily remedied by removing the rubber seal and trimming the flange back a bit

Comment

Blue to red!

I never did change over to propane in my C15 Romahome but had my butane freeze a few times when the temperature was sub zero. Miserable. When I got my Berlingo Outlook this was the first thing I did which is a great relief. There's enough things to worry about in cold weather without frozen gas. But using my van in all weathers is stimulating. I love it when you have a blanket of snow on top as I did Xmas week. Journey had to be delayed but I was as snug as a bug.... Janet

Comment

If you cannot get a cylinder from the tip often people sell them for a fiver or so in the local newspapers or in places such as 'trade it'. This is definetely cheaper than the finance agreement.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X