Radio for Demountable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio for Demountable

We hadn't had out Romahome Demountable for long, when the front slot-in section of our cab radio was stolen. We had never really managed to get a channel on it and we assumed we were not doing it properly. It is a JVC KD G332.

We have never had a radio in a vehicle before, so it is all new to us.

We have found out where to buy a replacement front, but we are concerned that this might not be the best thing to do.

Is it easy to get radio channels while you are travelling? Would we be better to get a new complete radio? Could we have a radio to use in the Romahome when we are on site, and use in the cab while travelling -- maybe with extension speakers? We have got a leisure battery and lighter sockets.

Patricia

Hi Patricia.
    I would get your radio aerial checked before buying a new radio, even the cheapest simplest radio should work fine with a good aerial. Poor aerials have become a feature of the newer Romahomes but on your demountable you should have a good one.
    Ant

Comment

Radio for Demountable

Thanks Ant.

There is no arial, so that probably will be the problem! There is a little bracket on the outside window frame with a hole in the top, so I guess that was the arial and it has snapped off. I will sort out a new one and then get the front for the radio.

Patricia

Comment

Hello Patricia,
        You might like to think about getting a digital radio for the back when you are camping,you get a better sound,no crackles or fading,and more BBC channels.
        I got a cheapy from Tesco and never regretted it,it is mains driven via a transformer plug,that and my little digital TV and a selection of books and I am a happy boy.

Ian

hope to see you in the spring.
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Digital radio

Hi Ian

My understanding is that digital radio takes about 10 times more power. Do you know if this is right.

Patricia

Comment

Originally posted by patriscott View Post
            Hi Ian

My understanding is that digital radio takes about 10 times more power. Do you know if this is right.

Patricia
            No idea,it never interested me as I intended to use it either on its own batteries or via mains transformer,I usually camp where I can get electric hook up(EHU),then I can use all sorts of gadgets,oil filled radiator,electric kettle,fans,Eberspacher heater,extra lights in the awning,etc etc.
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X