Storm straps for awning on motor homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storm straps for awning on motor homes

Which is better please the storm strap that goes right over the awning or the ones that clip on each side of the awning ?

I'm not sure which are better but I purchased the one that goes right over the awning.
    "Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time"

Comment

Thank you i was wondering how you get it right over

Comment

We have tried all sorts over the years but the best have been the ones that slide into the awning groove at the front and stretch away from the awning. Like a triangle, the base is the ground, the 90 degree upright is the pole and the strap creates the third side and the tension. It stops the awning flapping in normal conditions. If it starts to flap it is time to wind the awning in.

Anyway, that's my tw'penneth.
        Colin

Comment

All my awning have come complete with the storm straps that are actually attached to the awning (and which clip onto the awning itself). On a couple of occasions though, I have needed the over-the top one as well. I attach it to the ground at one side, roll it up into a ball, then throw it over the top, then fasten down on the other side. It was so windy at a couple of places I went to that I tied the throw-over one around the car door on the opposite side and then shut it the door on it quickly!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X