Green roof!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green roof!!

Any ideas as to how I can stop the green gunge that builds up on the roof of my van owing to the fact that it sits outside all year. Its a real bugger to remove and then its back again in no time.

Hi Paul.
    I'm afraid you'll have to polish the roof with a polish that has a very high silicone content., ( normally a cream type) don't do it in direct sunlight, you'll never get it off!
    Ant

Comment

The "green gunge" was never so troublesome years ago. Yes, it existed, but never built up so quickly or was so wide-spread.
      I bought my first (of many) caravans around 1967. It and all of my caravans since have never been kept undercover. Yet it is only the last few years that the "gunge" seems to have become a real problem.
      Is it climate change, or pollution? Or can there be another reason?
      Whatever, it is now a real problem. Especially as "elbow grease" is more difficult for me to apply these days.
      Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I would echo your thoughts Jim, I wonder if its the same reason as the upsurge in "rust" afflicting plants apparently its the cleaner air quality nowadays.

Comment

The cap of my elevating roof is GRP, parked in central Brighton its vulnerable to seagull 'messages' as well as other pollutants...... I use bio washing liquid on mine (a capfull with about 2/3 pints hot water) brushed on and left for ten minutes before washing off. I think this may well have been a tip on here, but works well imho!
          Happy trails
          Andyvan

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X