Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go Panda !

quote: Hi Sandra,

Post a picture when you've done it so we can see the end result.

Panda

As requested Panda, just in case you didn't see the update on the electrical socket page

DSCN8153.jpg

DSCN8152.jpg

That looks BRILLIANT Sandra - puts my trailing wires to shame. Which conduit did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianTheSnail View Post
      That looks BRILLIANT Sandra - puts my trailing wires to shame. Which conduit did you use?
      I was going to ask the same thing, thats much better looking/neater than any cable conduit i've ever seen.
      Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

It's called D Line trunking and comes in different colours.

On ebay it is sold in metre lengths but B & Q had it in a 2 metre length and it worked out about half price.

The only irritating thing buying from B & Q was that the joiners etc came in a multipack so you didn't get a choice of what bits you wanted. They were only £5 for the pack but i only used three from it and the rest weren't suitable.

In fact, I needed another end cap so have had to order that from Ebay anyway. Didn't break the bank at £1.69 but I would have preferred to finish it off the same day.

It would have been an even neater job had I been able to do a right angle but they didn't do a joint cover that went off in the direction I wanted to go

Where the wire pokes in and out were originally end caps but John made holes in them for me to top off the "D" shape as it was left open and I didn't like it.

The magnolia was an excellent match for the inside of the van

The trunking also comes Quadrant shaped for running along a skirting board. There are Youtube videos by the D LIne company ~(I think it might be made by screwfix)

Glad you like it anyway.

If it had turned out a rubbishy mess I'd have kept quiet and let the thread die a natural death

Now that the cushions are back in place and the curtain across most of it is hidden anyway !!

Comment

Sandra that it absolutely fabulous!

Honestly, it puts to shame some of the cables on new vans at the NEC. Housepoint and a tick, my sweet!

Panda
          These broken wings are gonna leave me here to stand my ground........

Comment