Honda Acty Exhaust ARRRh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Acty Exhaust ARRRh!

has finalygiven up have a very large hole in the back box, anybody know what I can do about this, where i can get another one, or perhaps one that will fit

this is urgent as I have a weekend booked fo rnext weekend, which would have been my first weekend away in it.

i live in edinburgh

Joan
    07835 325 688

I had to have one made

Comment

Originally posted by tacobell40red View Post
      has finalygiven up have a very large hole in the back box, anybody know what I can do about this, where i can get another one, or perhaps one that will fit

this is urgent as I have a weekend booked fo rnext weekend, which would have been my first weekend away in it.

i live in edinburgh

Joan
      07835 325 688
      Two Ideas,I have used both,First phone all the exhaust centres and ask if they can fit a non honda box for you.Second, get in touch with a good crash repair garage and ask if they can assemble something and make it fit.
      It wont be cheap but it will last years.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Take it to your local welder and give him cash and don't ask for receipt.

He'll plate it over in no time

Comment

cheers - will let yo know how I get on Exhaust

have asked a mate, who has a garage, to have a little look at the van for me,if he is unable to fix it, a guy at my work says he might be able to do it for me, s

so watch this space and I will let you all know, as I am still feeling down, want to get away this weekend for my first time!

thanks for the help so far
          joan

Comment

Fingers crossed for a good result, Joan!

Comment

If you don't get it fixed and it's making a lot of noise then you must do this.

On the side of the van paint some flames, wear a baseball cap back to front, switch to radio 1 with max volume, spit out the window, poke 1 finger up in the air every 200 feet and put your name in the windscreen.

These few wise tips will allow you to go without a second glance. It should work if your're about 20yrs ish.

Best of luck

Comment

May not be applicable in your area, but stuck with a need for a silencer for a modified exhaust system I tracked down a local company that manufactured exhaust systems. They were quite happy to adapt a silencer from their standard range with inlet and outlet pipes sized and shaped to match my old one. AND. They did it while I waited!
                Surprisingly, the cost was less than buying a similar silencer from a normal retail outlet.
                Jim.
                Perhaps I should call myself "Twolitrewithspecialsilencer"!
                Last edited by Twolitre; 02-03-2011, 08:45.
                Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

cheers folks

managed to get this fixed, my Miss Piggy, my exhaust is now new ( but made from other exhausts) and he only charged £60

Bring on the
                  weekend, first outing

JOan

Comment

managed to get this fixed, my Miss Piggy, my exhaust is now new ( but made from other exhausts) and he only charged £60

Bring on the
                    weekend, first outing

JOan
                    Yippee! have a lovely weekend Joan,boy you`ve earned it.
                    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Bring on the
                      weekend, first outing

JOan
                      Wonderful news!

Comment

Great stuff Joan, enjoy your first outing report back on your travels
                        Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                        'Live without regrets'

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X