2008 Berlingo Hylo Service Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Berlingo Hylo Service Info

I bought my 2nd hand Berlingo last September. Although only showing 5,000 miles then the dealer had a local non-Citroen garage service it. Trouble is that now at 7,000 miles with ignition first on, a spanner shows and says 750 miles to go before service necessary. Can I reset this myself? There is a reset button on the right of the instrument panel but it seems to do nothing! Thanks. Graham and Carole

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
    I bought my 2nd hand Berlingo last September. Although only showing 5,000 miles then the dealer had a local non-Citroen garage service it. Trouble is that now at 7,000 miles with ignition first on, a spanner shows and says 750 miles to go before service necessary. Can I reset this myself? There is a reset button on the right of the instrument panel but it seems to do nothing! Thanks. Graham and Carole
    Had the same thing myself,my trusted garage said ignore it and they reset it to 10,000 when I took it in for an MoT and it cost £0. They said it wasnt something I could do.
    I dunno,too much info sometimes.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thanks Ian

Thanks for the advice, Ian. I will also wait for the service and then have it reset. As usual this forum is proving to be brilliant with helpful advice freely given. I have made a note of many posts and one thing is for sure; I am going up to Ant at Avon for my service, from sunny Lewes. Thanks again, Graham and Carole

Comment

Hi Graham

I shouldn't worry too much about the spanner, as long as you are getting your service book stamped and are having the appropriate service at the appropriate time. Our spanner is constantly on and says 0 days apparently its broke and cannot be adjusted but we go to Ant for our annual service and he stamps our book, no problems.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

GeeCee.
          If it troubles you to see the dash board telling you you need a service when plainly you don't hold the right hand button on the instrument panel in and the turn the ignition on, wait until it has counted down from 10 on the display and release the button. Job done. It will now read 12500 miles to next service.
          Ant

Comment

Coo,you learn something new every day! I never knew that and its not in any manual I got.
            thanks Ant.
            See you at lickhill.
            Ian
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Reply to Ant ref. Service Warning

As the man said, you live and learn! Thanks, Ant, I did as you said and got the result you said I would. This forum is truly brilliant. Now can you get it to read at 12500 miles "Go see Ant!" Thanks again.
              Incidentally, fitting 4 legs to the table to make it suitable for outdoors has turned into a failure, at present. The legs are too spindly and the table is too wobbly for safety. That we found out on our FIRST night's Roma camping near Dover in Andie (well, that's what she is). But it was great camping. Graham and Carole

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X