Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draughty door

Hi

I'm new here and this is my first post. I have recently bought a romahome mounted onto a daihatsu hijet. I think the romahome is from the 80s.

I have been doing it up and trying to get it cosy so that I can use it over the winter.

The back door is very draughty and there are some big gaps where the outside air can come in. The 2 snibs on the bottom stable door pull it in and reduce the draughts - I thought I could fit a couple on the top door. Does anyone know where I could get suitable snibs from?

Thanks

Anna

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Hi

I'm new here and this is my first post. I have recently bought a romahome mounted onto a daihatsu hijet. I think the romahome is from the 80s.

I have been doing it up and trying to get it cosy so that I can use it over the winter.

The back door is very draughty and there are some big gaps where the outside air can come in. The 2 snibs on the bottom stable door pull it in and reduce the draughts - I thought I could fit a couple on the top door. Does anyone know where I could get suitable snibs from?

Thanks

Anna
    You should be able to get heavy duty snibs(?) from a good (old fashioned ironmongers. Or the caravanny type from any caravan shop.
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Draughty door

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Hi

Thanks

Anna
      By snibs I think you might mean TURNBUCKLE. Check out ebay or any caravan place. they are not hard to find.

Pam

Comment

If that doesn't work, try these people:

http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/bbCMS/s...DepartmentId=3

If you scroll down the page, the door seal you need is ET57. Ask them for a sample to make sure. That's the one I used, on my little Bedford Rascal demountable which had a similar problem. Cut to fit all the way around and worked perfectly, just tapped lightly with a small hammer to bed onto the door.

You will find that your door will be a tight fit afterwards, I had to give the door an extra little push inwards to make the lock click (locate) to lock the door.
        Last edited by jayjay; 21-04-2011, 08:55.

Comment

catches

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
          If that doesn't work, try these people:

http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/bbCMS/s...DepartmentId=3

If you scroll down the page, the door seal you need is ET57. Ask them for a sample to make sure. That's the one I used, on my little Bedford Rascal demountable which had a similar problem. Cut to fit all the way around and worked perfectly, just tapped lightly with a small hammer to bed onto the door.

You will find that your door will be a tight fit afterwards, I had to give the door an extra little push inwards to make the lock click (locate) to lock the door.
          You're right jayjay. Seals direct are good. I got the seals for around my front caravan window from them.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
            You're right jayjay. Seals direct are good. I got the seals for around my front caravan window from them.

Pam
            My door might as well have been wide open all night before I found this stuff. I'm tempted to do the same on my caravan door as well. Although I have a fitted heavy curtain for the back door, the trim looks lovely when it's on and makes an old door look new!

Brilliant company, give out samples of what looks a likely match, and will match up any seals you send them if you're not sure which one you need.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help. I think I will try putting on new seals. I'm going to make a curtain for it too...

Happy weekend!

Anna

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X