Planning NV200 camper and cambelt replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nv200 View Post
    Hi, do you know how i can change the brake bulbs? Will i have to remove the carpet and insulation?
    I don't know, sorry... I still have to buy mine (on the verge of doing so...)
    I had a search online but all I could find were two youtube videos for the US model, which is or is not the same... Does anyone else know?

I did find the/a manual and found a couple of drawings on page 8-30 Maintenance and do-it-yourself... is this helpful?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...0uIpyD-QFoJW7_

Comment

Hi, do you know how i can change the brake bulbs? Will i have to remove the carpet and insulation?
      Hi I think you will have to look carefully to see what you or the person who did your conversion has done. Good converters will have provided some sort of removable panel to access rear lights for bulb changing etc. If this was not done - now is the time for you to make some modifications.
      Jon
      Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori
      https://smallromahome2oldies1largedo...logspot.co.uk/

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I have found in the manual how to change the brake lights but it doesn't say anything about the license plate lights. I am in the process of insulating the van so i want to make sure I don't cover anything that I will have to access in the future.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I have found in the manual how to change the brake lights but it doesn't say anything about the license plate lights. I am in the process of insulating the van so i want to make sure I don't cover anything that I will have to access in the future.
          Good idea and easy to overlook while being too eager to stuff insulation into every gap... Which one did you buy? The combi, crew van or van?

Comment

Just the basic nv200 2012 model. The license plate bulbs can be changed from the outside so everything is good. Thank you guys. Hopefully the insulation will be done soon because it's sooo boring.

Comment

Roll on spring... and eventually summer!

Comment

I was at FJ Chalke yesterday for the vans 2yr service, and asked about Cambelt. They said its every 5 years - and is "only" £250 or so - so its not a major cost.
                The 2yr service was £335 though
                However, they now say the NV200 can be classed as a "car" on their service plan - so for £14.99 a month for 32 months you get 3x services (1 a year) - so for £160 a year..... Now that's cheaper than the cheap service, so as its small-big-small its quite a bargain and would save £400 over 3 years. We've gone with this as van is 5yr warrantee and would take it to them anyway. Cambelt and consumables are extra (but then discounted). We'd get brakes/tyres done locally anyway, so can't see there being any surprises.

(Apparently, the NV200 was classed as a "commercial" so would've been charged at a lot more prior to this recent change.

OK - still not "cheap", but on a new van under Nissan warrantee - thinks its cheap and worth looking into
                Self build on new Nissan NV200 - detail

Comment

Oops! Shockingly I've only read this just now! Life has taken some interesting turns in the past couple of months and I had to focus my attention elsewhere. Thanks for the information activecampers! That'sd not too bad for a cambelt change. Interesting that they can be classed as a car. In my view it's more like a 'van derived car' to coin a new expression... I think that means that it can now be serviced in their Yeovil branch instead of in Wincanton (not sure if that ever was a problem).
                  In the meantime, I finally had the time and the money to buy a van (hurray!!!) and I'm picking it up tomorrow. It's a 2016 combi. Finding insurance on my terms is another matter though, but that's another story.
                  I think what you've been able to do is really cheap and a good deal. I'm going to try the same when I contact them for the first time, which shouldn't be very soon. Mine's had its 2 year service already, fortunately... but yes... ouch, £355. Thanks again for your post.

Comment