As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

washing the roof of the outlook.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    washing the roof of the outlook.

    This seems a silly question but when you are a shortie it isn't easy

    Yes, me and the other half are on the short side and yes it would seem a good idea to use steps of sorts to clean the roof but, we are concerned they may topple when leaning over, so apart from using steps ladders as the next best thing, that isn't a good idea either, we don't want to lean ladders on the home!!!! We had the outlook treated with superguard but it still needs to be cleaned. Is there any kind of long handled gadget with a brush on the end that I can aquire somewhere or do you have other suggestions apart from jokes telling us to grow up or find a tall person
    Jessie

    #2
    Places like Towsure sell an adjustable long handled bruch that connects to a hosepipe.

    I have used one for years

    Comment


      #3
      Ant gave me a good tip about cleaning the Dimension, if you want to lean a ladder up to it put a pair of trainers on the ends of the ladders so it doesn't damage the van.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

      Comment


        #4
        I used stepladders and a big old fashioned fluffy mop & bucket of warm soapy water - and just kept moving the steps and not trying to overreach and do too much at a time. It was very effective!

        Comment


          #5
          Place your ladders FACING the van, so that you are working straight on,not sideways. H & S tip.

          I too used a kitchen mop for the top, and ALWAYS wash up and rinse down. dirt doesnt stick on clean surfaces, it will streak if you start at the top.

          Comment


            #6
            With the adjustable long handled brush that connects to a hosepipe from any good car accesory or Towsure store the job can be done with ease mind you I am 6' 1" so that does help
            Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
            'Live without regrets'

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Graham View Post
              Ant gave me a good tip about cleaning the Dimension, if you want to lean a ladder up to it put a pair of trainers on the ends of the ladders so it doesn't damage the van.
              Now that is a Handy Idea

              Comment


                #8
                I like the trainers idea but I also like the mop idea. A trip to towsure would be an excuse for a wander round too. Many thanks for your ideas.
                Jessie

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by jessiem View Post
                  I like the trainers idea but I also like the mop idea. A trip to towsure would be an excuse for a wander round too. Many thanks for your ideas.
                  That reminded me of Harry Hill. "I like the trainers idea but I also like the mop idea but which is best? There's only one way to find out......FIGHT!!!!"

                  Apologies if you don't watch Harry Hill's TV Burp, as you won't have the foggiest what I am on about.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Graham View Post
                    That reminded me of Harry Hill. "I like the trainers idea but I also like the mop idea but which is best? There's only one way to find out......FIGHT!!!!"

                    Apologies if you don't watch Harry Hill's TV Burp, as you won't have the foggiest what I am on about.
                    I'm forced to watch it not really but I have watched harry and can visualise a mop and trainers having a ''FIGHT''!!!!!
                    Jessie

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I have this roof problem with my Transit HiTop. What I did was tiewrap suitable lengths of that insulating stuff (forgot the proper name) used to cover pipes to stop them freezing. The ladder just leans against the tranny roof gutter. I have even cut the ladder to a more suitable length to avoid the top few feet getting in the way. Will need to cut more off now I have the Duo. There are advantages to being a bit on the short side because I can just stand up straight in the living part of my Duo.

                      Tony

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by alive23512 View Post
                        I have this roof problem with my Transit HiTop. What I did was tiewrap suitable lengths of that insulating stuff (forgot the proper name) used to cover pipes to stop them freezing. The ladder just leans against the tranny roof gutter. I have even cut the ladder to a more suitable length to avoid the top few feet getting in the way. Will need to cut more off now I have the Duo. There are advantages to being a bit on the short side because I can just stand up straight in the living part of my Duo.

                        Tony
                        being short certainly does have it's advantages we fit on the beds with room to spare as well !!
                        Jessie

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Hello jesslem.

                          I'm pleased to here that about the bed(s). Only had my Duo a couple of weeks and not had time for a kip yet! Earlier today I was reading, on the forum, about people complaining that the beds were hard. With my duff back that will suit me fine methinks. I have read several times over the years that hard seats and beds are, from the therapeutic point of view, the best for you.

                          Tony.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by alive23512 View Post
                            Hello jesslem.

                            I'm pleased to here that about the bed(s). Only had my Duo a couple of weeks and not had time for a kip yet! Earlier today I was reading, on the forum, about people complaining that the beds were hard. With my duff back that will suit me fine methinks. I have read several times over the years that hard seats and beds are, from the therapeutic point of view, the best for you.

                            Tony.
                            Actually, they're not, Tony! If they feel too hard, you will probably need a matress topper - either egg-box type or memory foam. If a bed it is too hard you will have the same back pain as on a matress which is too soft.

                            I bought a £400 orthopaedic matress that ended up with two matress toppers on it, I was like the 'princess and the pea' in the fairy story!

                            Good rule of thumb is to lie flat on your back and slip your hand into the space at the hollow of your back at about waist level. If you have to shove to get your hand in, the matress isn't supporting enough; if there is a great big gap caused by the arching of your spine then it's too hard. Your hand should just fit nicely into the gap, without any spare space or too much space.

                            However many toppers I got onto my bed, I found I was always comfier in my Romahome, I'm tempted to get a matress cut from hi-density foam as it seems to support without being too hard!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              We spent over £100 on a double mattress topper for our bed at home, the bed is already quite high but when we put the 7" thick mattress topper on it seemed so high we almost needed a step ladder to get in bed! I wouldn't have minded if it had made a jot of difference comfort wise but it didn't so that was a complete waste of money.
                              Graham
                              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

                              Comment

                              320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                              Collapse

                              728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X