Test post only!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test post only!!!

Something has gone wrong with my last attempt to ask for help with Grayston spring fitting on my 1998 Romahome Duo. This is just a test post before I try again with a much shorter version of the original

Tony L

That worked OK
    I will keep this short. Grayston springs (31BO7H) fitted this morning by my local garage. On inspection I find that only the new springs have been fitted, nothing else. Even the new brackets etc. were returned to me! I thought that the Grayston springs fitted over (?) the existing Berlingo springs. According to the lady at Grayston, when I ordered the springs, I was told that the Grayston springs are an addition to the existing Citroen springs. True or false? None of the other bits in the new spring kit have been fitted by the garage. I badly need help with this one to get the facts correct before confronting the garage. I have searched the forum but am unable to find definitive information for my particular problem with my 1998 Romahome Duo. Oh dear. I was hoping to go camping next week

Tony L

Comment

Hi Tony.
      Unless your van had Grayston springs before it sounds like the garage have used the old "MAD" spring mount rather than the grayston base. It probably doesn't matter, but must have made the fitting a bit harder. A berlingo (98) doesn't have any rear springs of its own so any springs you had were either grayston or MAD springs. If they dont creak or make funny noises on a bumpy road they're probably alright as they've been fitted.
      Go camping!
      Ant

Comment

Hi Ant.
        Many thanks for the usual quick and concise reply to my urgent request. I did not expect you to be available this weekend, so ta very much for coming to my rescue again. A broken spring was spotted during the MOT a few weeks ago and I had been looking for an excuse to fit Grayston springs anyway. I think that I will contact Grayston to mention the inaccurate information they provided me with. It does look like the original springs were the MAD breed

The van drives fine and it is up at least 25mm at the back now. Great news from you Ant so I will finish the loading and zoom off next week

Kind regards,
        Tony

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X