Brakes - Romahome duo - Mk1 berlingo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brakes - Romahome duo - Mk1 berlingo

The brakes on my Duo Mk1 berlingo derived are terrible.
    Is this normal?
    Service due soon so wondering if anyone has an experience of this.

ta

Andrew

The brakes on my 2003 Berlingo are excellent. The only Romahomes with brake issues are, as far as I know, the C15s. What's the nature of the problem?
    Il dolce far niente.

Comment

Brakes are terrible and front locks up if applied too firmly.

Comment

Assuming that it hasn't got ABS my best guess would be that the load sensing valve may be at fault so the back brakes aren't doing anything. The C15s were adjustable but I don't know about the Berlingo. The upcoming service shoul spot any leaking hydraulics or pad problems.
        Il dolce far niente.

Comment

So check the load sensing valve - and send for a service!
          Then i might get brakes! For now it's engine braking and granny driving!

Comment

Llewelyn often the problem with the Load Valve is mechanical - they seize. Get the rear wheels up on ramps go underneath and locate the valve - it is near the rear axle.
            I just googled "Citroen Berlingo Load sensing valve" got loads of hits - evidently the springs are prone to breaking new ones on ebay.
            Jon
            Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori
            https://smallromahome2oldies1largedo...logspot.co.uk/

Comment

Give the load sensing valve a good blathering with WD40 and work the lever backward and foreward until it's free. I believe replacements are expensive so it's worth freeing it off. Ifit has ABS there won't be a load sensing valve fitted. Another cause could be a blocked flexi hose Over time the rubber can deteriorate inside which you can't see.

Comment

Her indoors has banned me from working on this campervan mechanically for her and my own sanity im afraid! Told me i am not to get underneath it!
                So it's to the garage....

Ive got my dinghy to sort out as well at the moment, leaky bailer! Im beginning to think all this "relaxing" isn't all its cracked up to be!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X