Doh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doh!

Ran too close to a bush yesterday and managed to scratch a long, although minor, dotted line across the acrylic side window

Culprit in picture.
    Or was it me?

Just seen this stuff

http://www.fenwicks.info/windowize.htm

Anyone used it out there for acrylic window scratches?

Tony Anchorman
    Attached Files
    Last edited by anchorman; 30-05-2011, 12:06.

Bad luck Tony, can imagine how you feel! I've used Brasso on plastic watch faces to get rid of scratches, not sure how it would work on acrylic windows, or even if I'd want to try really. Will watch with interest to see responses re your link, it looks good

Comment

Yes, me too - I have some scratches on my windows as well - I wonder if it works?

Comment

doh

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
        Yes, me too - I have some scratches on my windows as well - I wonder if it works?
        What I used to use instead of brasso to get scratches from plasti and the like is serium oxide(jewelers rouge). I think small amounts of it turns up in brasso but this is more concentrated. It,s a powder and you just take the tip of a damp cloth and rub it and wipe off. In fact I have some in the garage, I might try it on one of my windows.

Pam

Comment

Have just bought some of the Fenwicks window scratch remover, will try it out on Di's van to revitalise the windows, will let you know how we get on.

Comment

Had a quick go, it's a thickish cream, you don't need to use very much, with a bit of elbow grease. It certainly removed a build up of haze, and windows look a lot brighter, surface scratches are much less obvious. On the bottle it says deep scratches can be removed by using a Fenwicks abrasive pad before using Windowize. Guess we'd better locate one of those then!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X