Romahome Duo Outlook 2006 over door brake light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome Duo Outlook 2006 over door brake light

Exterior light above rear door, assumed to be a 3rd brake light although apparently never worked, has now lost the red plastic cover. Anyone know how to source a replacement (and whether it should work)?

Mine works. I suspect it's also an MOT check too.
    Unless someone can be more specific it's probably a matter of trawling eBay for "high level brake light". May be a Citroen part.
    Il dolce far niente.

Comment

A tip for trawling the Internet - do a Google search for "high level brake light" or whatever but click on the Images option just below the place where you enter the search. Once you've found a picture that looks likely you can click on it and hopefully it will take you to a retailer's site.

I use the 'images' option of Google searching a lot when looking for replacement things.

Comment

It should work - unless you blank it off (piece of Gaffer Tape) High Level brake lights are not covered by the lighting regulations - there is somewhere a regulation that says if fitted lights should work (the police used to use it on Mods in the 1960s because their scooters were festooned with lights - and generators and batteries that were unable to make the the aray of lights work.
        When I was fitting my high level brake light to the pod - I went on a regulation trawl and there was nothing - consequently I use a LED unit intended to be a rear fog light and claimed equivelant light value as a 21watt. That has passed 2 MoTs.
        Jon
        Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori
        https://smallromahome2oldies1largedo...logspot.co.uk/

Comment

Don’t think it’s an mot requirement
          mines been ripped off by the previous owner.
          swmbos Clio’s middle brake light hasn’t worked in over 5 years.

Comment

Can’t help with sourcing a replacement sorry.

Comment

Unless things have changed since I sloped off the upper brake light must have 50% of its lights working or it can be proved it is not connected in order to pass an mot. If you need to replace it you'll need to go on the Dun-bri website and you can match it there, sorry can't remember the part number, I can remember they were about £30.00 each.

Comment