C15 water tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 water tank

Hello. A question regarding the C15 watertank if anyone can give a steer on please. Is there a sump plug for emptying the tank, or do you empty the tank via the tap
    Maybe I have missed the info on the manual !

If it's like the Duo and fresh water then it's emptying via the tap

Comment

Empty via tap and then get in there with a sponge to get the remaining liquid out. You will need a bucket as there will be quite a bit of water left. I don't bother with the onboard water tank anymore as emptying out is too much of a faff. Cheap 5 litre bottle of water from the supermarket and then refill as required is far easier.

I would suggest you through the following thread: https://community.smallmotorhome.co....ng-water-tanks
      Last edited by JimBro; 12-03-2019, 21:33.
      Too old to know everything!

Comment

As we use our Romahome all year round we never empty the tank although we did once put some purifying stuff in it.

Peter

Comment

I think the simplest way is to run a hose through the window and syphon it out although it can take a fair bit of sucking to get started.
          Sesquipedalianism:-The overusage of long words.

Comment

Thanks Guys , maybe run with the water bottle I think for now then. Thank you

Comment

Personally I think it’s shame to have a water tank and tap and not use it, we had a Duo and used our tank all the time for washing ourselves and the pots but we did use a refillable water bottle for drinking water. Yes we did have to drain the tank and clean it out in winter but it’s not that arduous a task. Our present van Romahome R30 has a drainable water tank.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Graham Kerbie has a C15, if using the water tank you need to extract the water via a tap into a kettle to heat the water. The sink on the C15 is too small to put a decent sized mug in let alone a frying pan! The sink is just about big enough to put some hot water in to enable a flannel to be wetted in order to have a cursory wash!
                I use my sink to store the wasing up liquid in a small bottle, a sponge and a dishcloth - it's then full...
                Too old to know everything!

Comment

As long as I can wash in it , I'm a happy man !

Comment

Originally posted by JimBro View Post
                    Graham Kerbie has a C15, if using the water tank you need to extract the water via a tap into a kettle to heat the water. The sink on the C15 is too small to put a decent sized mug in let alone a frying pan! The sink is just about big enough to put some hot water in to enable a flannel to be wetted in order to have a cursory wash!
                    I use my sink to store the wasing up liquid in a small bottle, a sponge and a dishcloth - it's then full...
                    Our very first van was a C15 hitop so I am familiar with it, we used the sink all the time I can’t remember it being a massive problem. It seemed like the lap of luxury after camping in tents when we had a tap and running water in the C15.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X