Help - my ceiling's falling down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - my ceiling's falling down!

Hi. Can anyone help? The lining on my 1992 Talbot Avalon has become detached from the ceiling. I have tried injecting it with a couple of different glues, but with no success. Anyone else had this problem?

Oh dear, I am afraid I can't suggest a remedy myself directly, but hope its helpfull to suggest the following.....

a) A fuller description of the lining (is it carpet thats come unglued or car type trim?) might be helpful.
    b) I would also stick a post on Motorhome Facts.com and UKcampsites, and the Selfbuild motorhome sites, under the appropriate headings to widen your chances of finding a solution.
    c) Re-posting it in the Ask Ant sections may bear fruit too he's a nice chap I understand!

Theres loads of practical advice on here from friendly folk, someone with more knowledge will come along! I can't remember anyone on here having an Avalon or its predecessor Camelot before.....
    Hope you get it sorted, and I hope you stick around this site too..... You'll be made welcome.

All the best
    Andyvan
    Last edited by andyvan; 15-07-2011, 16:04.

Comment

Carpet glue in an aerosol can seems to work for the carpet type linings.

Gorilla glue might be the thing to stick it back if its fabric type. However, you need to be carful with this stuff, it foams up so you need to do it in little bits at a time.

Comment

first of all find out why it came down is there any damp at play .or are the roof batterns warping
        MOS

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X