Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 dash lights?

Hi All,
    Have now noticed that the dashboard backlight is on all the time that ignition is on (ie not only when side, headlights are switched on) Can't find any reference in the Citroen handbook to if this is correct or not..... Anyone know?

All the best
    Andyvan

Andy.
    That's normal. Well it's not normal to have them all working but they should light regardless of side/headlights being on or not.
    Ant

Comment

Dashboard electrics on a C15 are a bit of a black art. It is normal for random and unusual things to happen. One piece of advice is to check all the earths.

Comment

Thanks Ant and Peter,
        For the sake of clarity I was refering to the dashboard lighting That illuminates the speedo, clock and fuel gauge, thats whats on all the time.... all warning lights appear to work as expected. Thanks both!

Andyvan

Comment

my C15 worked the same as yours,it wasnt a problem.My garage said it was normal.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Andy, Just like Ian's my C15 worked the same as yours, it wasnt a problem. :so happy:
            Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
            'Live without regrets'

Comment

Panel lights

I just came across this thread and was pleased to see if this was the norm. Can anyone tell me if the heater control panel is illuminated.*
              Also when my main headlights are switched on with the engine running I can't switch the engine off using the key, I have to switch back to dipped then I can switch off The engine via the key. All a bit of a mystery !

Comment

Dashboard lights

Thanks for the info. Superb - this is one of the curious things I noticed about the C15. No need to dive in then!
                Jol

Comment

C15 electrics are a bit of a black art. Bad connections and faulty earths are a very common problem, if you are at all practical invest in a test lamp and a cheap multimeter and you will solve many problems.

When we bought our C15 it was from a caravan dealer who had taken it in part exchange and much of the dash electrics were not working, an autoelectrician (who obviously didnt want the job) quoted many days labour to fix.

I managed to negotiate a very large discount (We had it 3 years and Richard Baldwins gave me what I paid for it when we bought our Outlook).

It turned out that the dash wasn't earthing properly through the connection on the A post. I connected several "new" earths to various places behind the dash and we never had anymore problems.

Peter

Comment

Hi
                    I had a c15 van from new in 1991 which which I had for 10 years and did 145000 miles in it as an antique dealer! the dashboard lights came on with the ignition from the moment I picked it up! I know they were on because I picked it up at 1 minute past midnight on the 1st. of august ( the date when all new registered vehcles came on the road), I was handed the keys by Dennis Taylor (snooker player), they don't do silly things like that any more do they? After 10 years I part exchanged it for a new Berlingo which I also had for 10 years! can you see a theme developing?
                    derek b and Babs
                    derek b and Babs

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X