Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking fresh water pump

Hi All,

I've just been putting some gear away in the rear offside storage area, and discovered the carpet was very wet! Further investigation found on switching on the pump a small amount water was dripping ed down off the body of the pump.
    Last week I completly drained the fresh water tank, refilled it and added the correct amount of water treatment primed the pump to the sink tap, left it in a couple of hours and flushed it out. I then filled it with fresh water and added a purifying tablet. We've only had the Duo a couple of weeks, so still finding our way around, just wondered if the previous owner never had any reason to use the pump? or did infrequently? I've cut out the damaged carpet, and will also have to replace the plywood division panel.
    The pump is a Shurflo , anyone got any ideas?

Regards
    Monty's Dad.

Originally posted by Monty's Dad View Post
    Hi All,

I've just been putting some gear away in the rear offside storage area, and discovered the carpet was very wet! Further investigation found on switching on the pump a small amount water was dripping ed down off the body of the pump.
    Last week I completly drained the fresh water tank, refilled it and added the correct amount of water treatment primed the pump to the sink tap, left it in a couple of hours and flushed it out. I then filled it with fresh water and added a purifying tablet. We've only had the Duo a couple of weeks, so still finding our way around, just wondered if the previous owner never had any reason to use the pump? or did infrequently? I've cut out the damaged carpet, and will also have to replace the plywood division panel.
    The pump is a Shurflo , anyone got any ideas?

Regards
    Monty's Dad.
    Is the pump the type which is pressure sensitive (as many Shurflow are)?
    If so, as long as power is connected to the pump it will pump water until the back-pressure switches it off. Any leak, however small, will allow the back-pressure to fall and the pump will work to restore it. There must be no leaks from pipes, joints or taps. Just as in a house water supply, the water pressure is there all the time.
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
      Is the pump the type which is pressure sensitive (as many Shurflow are)?
      If so, as long as power is connected to the pump it will pump water until the back-pressure switches it off. Any leak, however small, will allow the back-pressure to fall and the pump will work to restore it. There must be no leaks from pipes, joints or taps. Just as in a house water supply, the water pressure is there all the time.
      Jim.
      Hi Jim,
      Thanks for your response, the pump is the Trailking 7, 12 vdc 16 psi it says on the body of the pump Diaphragm water pump.
      I cut out the damaged carpet and am now in the process of soaking up the damp from the plywood sub floor.I put a container under the pump to catch any drips, a small amount of water was in the container this morning.
      I am not sure but think you can isolate the flow from the fresh water supply via the twist-on strainer? there seems no shut off or any drain valve from the fresh water tank? It must have ben leaking for some time, due to water damage to the bottom of the plywood division panel.

Thanks
      Monty's Dad.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X