Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas and fridge problems

Hi having trouble with my gas
    I'm in France at minute and have had quite a bit of trouble using fridge on gas sometimes works sometimes won't.and can smell gas in gas store .
    Had new ignitor fitted last yr.
    But problem today is when I put gas ring on gas seems to have built up and comes out 2 much have to let it release gas build up then light but every time I leave it for a bit gas comes out 2 much at 1st.
    Could this be my regulator? Or has anyone any ideas
    Can't be without all gas appliances over here have managed without fridge for odd day but not good.just removed regulator and tried to blow through pipe put back on gas seems ok but can't leave on because of strong gas smell now and then coming from gas store think its just coming from regulator but can't get new 1 in france don't suppose.
    tried fridge and that still won't ignite so need electric

Sounds like you need a new gas regulator. They are different for each type of gas you buy - for example a propane regulator won't fit a butane or gaz, each of the three types are different.

No idea where you can get a new gas supply/regulator but some members on here have travelled extensively through France and might know - someone will be on here soon to help you out, I'm sure. I've a feeling you can buy both gas supplies and regulators to match them at the local larger supermarkets.

check that the gas pipe itself isn't eroded, they sometimes tear where the little jubilee clip goes on after a while.

In the meantime, switch off the gas entirely at the tap on the gas bottle. It's just not safe to have gas escaping anywhere it shouldn't. See if you can get some ice cubes/ice packs frozen from somewhere and just use your fridge as a coolbox. And sandwiches for dinner!

Comment

Here's what it says on our website re gas in France:

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/campingi...andElectricity

By all accounts, you will need to buy a camping gaz bottle and matching regulator! This is available at most campsites and garages in France.

Comment

hi

thanks just found someone on another site who lives only 50 miles from where we are and by luck he's got a spare regulator . so i'm off to meet up with him 2mora wot luck hey just hope it solves the prob then just have to sort the fridge out . :so happy::so happy:

Comment

Originally posted by mufcgaz View Post
          thanks just found someone on another site who lives only 50 miles from where we are and by luck he's got a spare regulator . so i'm off to meet up with him 2mora wot luck hey just hope it solves the prob then just have to sort the fridge out . :so happy::so happy:
          Good luck that was! Hopefully it is just the regulator.

Another thought I had was that the gas was actually running out, sometimes it fits and starts when it gets really low. Try weighing it and taking the tare weight (from the neck of the bottle, the weight of the bottle itself) away from the actual weight and you'll know approximately how full or empty it is. Or just lift it and shake. It will slosh about if there is a lot of gas and you'll hardly hear a sound if its nearly empty. If its a gaz 907 or similar they always start playing up when they get very low. And your fridge won't light if there's not enough pressure.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X