As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you prime the in-line water pump on an outlook duo 2003?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you prime the in-line water pump on an outlook duo 2003?

Hi all,

Help! I have just finished replacing the whale in-line pump from in front of the water tank. I bought the roma last week and suspect the pump froze in the winter as i believe it hasnt been used for a while and i found a crack in the body around the inlet pipe. I used last weekend and found a pool of water under my front drivers seat on monday evening! Dismantled all the tank bought new pump dried out the van... and have fitted back together. Tried turning on the tap, thinking this would draw water through the pipe and self prime, but with no luck. A few drops of water from the new pipes, i have tightened the J Clips as tight as i dare! and finally no leaks. I dont want to keep turning the tap on using the pump without water. Please can someone explain how to prime the pump. Kind regards, a troubled romahomer! Alex

I think you have to suck the tap! Try not to swallow too much of it! LOL...

If the other end is a whale submersible, then shake it around in the water a bit, turn it upside down as so on, there could be an air bubble in there.

I'm not familliar with the Duo, but someone will be along soon who is!

Comment

pump

look ware the pip goes roundthe bodey u will find a none reter valvet in the pip myn parted with frost put pump on it will prim it self tom diggdeep p/s soorey about spelling

Comment

Hi, thanks you two,
        I dont thin i can suck the tap due to its position! Its not a submersible, it sits on the floor next to the tank.
        Tom, i have checked the non return valve and is fine, dont know how id put the pump in the return valve as its all back in place and fastened down as should be- the pump and return valve are about 1/2 metres apart/away from each other. Still unsure what to do but thanks for advice guys

Comment

pump

Originally posted by alex1968 View Post
          Hi, thanks you two,
          I dont thin i can suck the tap due to its position! Its not a submersible, it sits on the floor next to the tank.
          Tom, i have checked the non return valve and is fine, dont know how id put the pump in the return valve as its all back in place and fastened down as should be- the pump and return valve are about 1/2 metres apart/away from each other. Still unsure what to do but thanks for advice guys
          is your pump runing it will pime it self i use pumps for all sort

with out or with water u will hear it tom

Comment

Hi
            is the tank FULL
            is the pump running
            if yes to this piont you have two options
            firstly suck the tap as jayjay said use a piece of pipe or flexible tubing atached to the tap
            if still no joy disconect the inlet side of the pump temporarily and see that water is getting that far
            if it is ,is the pump the rite way round
            if it is you have a blockage in the suply pipe either kink or filter blocked
            if after this you still have no joy, scream and bang your head against a wall
            MOS
            Last edited by MOS; 13-08-2011, 17:08.

Comment

I had the same problem with our duo pump.
              The only thing that could get it started was to disconnect inlet pipe and push garden hosepipe on with garden tap turned about 1/4 . Just make sure camper tap is on and pump is running. Have someone ready to switch garden tap off. Hope this works it did for me ,some old towels put around pump might help to soak up leaks.
              Last edited by peterfowden; 13-08-2011, 15:43.

Comment

Just wanted to add to above . Do you have a hot water tank , if so I hope it hasn't got a split in from the severe weather we had last winter. You could hear our pump (when we finally got it working) filling hotwater tank and then running out under fridge due to the split .

Comment

off to try!

Hi all,
                  Just got all your ideas... off to try, will get back later, many thanks. Alex

Comment

Bingo!!

Hi all,

Finally done it!:so happy:

A hugh thank you for all your advice, my pump is now operational.
                    So what do did i do...
                    I realised that when i connected the pump to the inlet pipe and tightened up. I had no water in the tank. I then filled the water tank with enough water to cover the outlet hole. I think this caused a vacuum between the pipe and and tank. So I left the water in the tank, loosened the inlet end of the water pipe and let the water pour out, putting the pipe back on and tightening up. then repeated this at the other end so i could see water come out of the outlet end of the pump... Pipe back on and tighten up and hey presto, I turned the tap on and water gushed out to the sweet sound of my new whale, none leaking water pump!!

Kind Regards, Alex

Comment

Brilliant well done.
                      Glad you got it working , must remember how you did it if we have problems again.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X