Romahome fibreglass colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome fibreglass colour

I have made small repairs to the fibreglass of a 1989 HiLO.
    Can anyone suggest a colour match for touching up.

The cab should be a standard Citroen white (but faded after all this time).. There will be a paint code somewhere on the cab and the colour of the fibreglass should match the cab

Comment

Hi Berwicklaw.
      The colour code for your C15 is "EWT", but just to make thing interesting there are 6 different shades of white within that code. From experience the darkest shade is normally the nearest match to the body but as Peter has already said the body will have changed colour in relation to the cab. If you want to bring the body back to its former glory ( it is possible) you've got a lot of work to do with some citting paste and polish. If it was me I would get some white paint as near match as possible then add a little colour ( brown yellow and black normally)to match what you've got.
      Thanks
      Ant

Comment

Hi Ant

What type/make of piant would you recomend for the body

Thanks
        Regards Martin :thumbsup:

Comment

Hi Martin.
          I like Cellulose paint because you can blend it in with the surrounding area much easier than the two pack stuff you get today, sadly it's not easy to get anymore. Probably easiest to use a spay can off the shelf for small areas of repair.
          Ant

Comment

Thanks for the info Ant
            Regards Martin :thumbsup:

Comment

Citroen Van paint colour

Similar but different question - like some other folk, the white paint is coming off our hinges on tear door.

Is there a specific code for this? Year old R20 which is kept in a garage so is still very white.

Have read other posts and Ant has given a code for the bodywork. Other alternative would be to perhaps use white hammerite?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Margaret

Comment

Hi Margaret.
                The hinges are always a problem, they never seem to keep the paint. I've tried all kinds of different paints at various temps to try and get it to stick. So far none have been totally successful. Hammerite was one of the better ones.
                Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X