C15D Romahome 1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15D Romahome 1987

First; excuses for my poor English, I am Dutch.

I am considering to buy a 1987 C15D Romahome because I fell in love with it.
    But there seems to be a lot of technical problems.

- diesel.
    - 200.000 km

What are the most useble problems I will run into.............?
    What should have my attention to avoid a lot off regrets later on.
    How about specific rust-places / gearbox / engine ect ?

Thanks

Max

HI Max,
    first of all welcome to the forum. Your english is very good.
    C15 Hytops are generally very reliable and economical. High milages are no problem as long as they have been serviced reasonably regulary. Check when the timing belt has been changed, if in doubt get that done. I recently bought a Citroen berlingo Duo, that had a new cambelt but when checked a bolt had been left out of the idler pulley which could of caused a major engine problem if left.
    Rust can be a problem mainly sills, floor rear crossmember. Worst to sort is bulkhead door pillars and under windscreen behind jack etc.
    Doors, wings and bonnet are cosmetic and easily changed.
    Don't let the problems put you off as it's just problems that get mentioned on here. Generally they are reliable and cheap to repair. Go with your instinct and check as much as you can.
    Good luck

Comment

Thanks Peter,

I will pay special attention to the points you mentiond. The engine and clutch ect do not give any problems ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxc15d View Post
        Thanks Peter,

I will pay special attention to the points you mentiond. The engine and clutch ect do not give any problems ?
        With good care the engine will last a long time.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello Maxc15d. Nice to hear from you. I have a C15 Hytop and I was told that one other place to watch out for rust was the front of the bonnet.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X