Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 driver & passenger windows.. stiff!

Hi All,
    Both front windows on my C15 are really stiff to wind up, I massaged a little vaseline onto the window rubbers, to see if that made a difference as they are quite dry, almost brittle, it didn't!
    Presume to take off the door card and grease the lifter mechanism would be the next step, has anyone done this? any tips? any idea what sort of grease to use? (need to buy some)
    Also need to get new window rubbers, any suggestions for suppliers at all?
    Any advice gratefully received!
    All the best
    Andyvan

I had the same problem. So I pulled the door card off greased the insides and then realised it was the inner seal hardened so I took it off and now it's all fine.

Comment

Thanks Nigel,
      I vaselined the outer rubber which was brittle and crumbly... It doesn't make a tight seal with the window anyway, havent checked the inner rubber. Meanwhile would removing it not decrease the seal of window and outer rubber??
      Will get a chance to have a look on Thurs..... Thanks for your help Nigel, are you still in France or returned to UK now?
      All the best
      Andyvan

Comment

I just removed the inner seal and haven't touched it since but will probably buy another new one.
        Back in the UK for a while and hoping to go to SW meet this week. Have a deep down feeling that coming back here was a mistake though

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X