Gas locker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas locker

I am fitting a removable unit - http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=3477 shown in this link and have been advised that the gas bottle should be in a vented to outside, gas locker? any advice welcomed.....

Originally posted by BillsGalaxy View Post
    I am fitting a removable unit - http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=3477 shown in this link and have been advised that the gas bottle should be in a vented to outside, gas locker? any advice welcomed.....
    Hi Bill,
    For obvious safety reasons (if carried internally) a gas bottle should be in a locker, permanently vented ONLY to the outside of the vehicle from the BOTTOM of the locker.
    Furthermore, I am sure that the vent must probably be of a minimum size.

No doubt Ant will be along with the legal requirements. Do not ignore his advice, for your own well being.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Got to agree with Jim,
      Vent non closing, through floor, if you are keeping container inside vehicle as a permanent fixture,

If you fit it inside you have to get a corgi registered fitter to certify the installation,

myself I would fit a bulkhead gas fitting in the floor and keep gas outside when using it,

Where did you get the board and edgings from
      Looks good to me
      Last edited by chocoholic; 25-09-2011, 15:26.
      If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Thanks for replies on gas safety.

Got the board from local outlet, they have odds & ends, grey finish.
        Got edging from eBay. Search for t trim.

Comment

Hi Bill,
          I thought Ant might have given you sound advice on the legal position. He obviously has not picked up on this thread.
          Because it is a safety issue it might be best to post in "Ask Ant". To get professional advice.
          Jim.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X