R20 waste drain tap replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R20 waste drain tap replacement

Are you fed up with the white ex beer keg drain tap, fitted horizontally and making it difficult to grip the tap to turn the knurled top? Because it is on its side it also gathers muck internally below the "washer".
    If you check online Leisureshop Direct sell a direct grey replacement,

Product ref. 134144 back nut for drain tap
    138085 Drain tap Grey
    136940 Sealing washer for drain tap

all for a modest £8.60 including postage.

This is a direct replacement and requires no modification. Instead of the tap being horizontal it is vertical and faces away from the Romahome enabling easy turning. It is also no lower to the ground than the original.
    Incidentally, after a lot of fiddling I discovered my slow sink drainage was caused by a lot of glassfibre swarfage just below the + piece in the plug hole; much better now.
    Graham and Carole
    Last edited by GeeCee; 29-09-2011, 19:06. Reason: Clarity

Thanks for this suggestion. Yes, I find it a real struggle to open / close this waste water tap - the angle making the task even more difficult.

Is it reasonably easy to remove the existing tap and put the other one? (Am not the most practical of people!)

Perhaps ANT could pass on your idea to the Romahome manufacturers?
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Easy fitting of new waste tap

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
      Thanks for this suggestion. Yes, I find it a real struggle to open / close this waste water tap - the angle making the task even more difficult.

Is it reasonably easy to remove the existing tap and put the other one? (Am not the most practical of people!)

Perhaps ANT could pass on your idea to the Romahome manufacturers?
      You just have to unscrew one large nut behind the metal plate securing the tap (adjustable spanner is needed) and undo a jubilee clip. Then pull the tap towards you and off. Expect some water to land on you! The present beer keg tap has a plastic pipe pushed into it that is also pushed into the flexible pipe on the Romahome-in other words it bridges the gap internally. You have to remove this and transfer it to the new tap. Use a screwing action. The 2 taps have the same diameter, same nuts, threads etc.
      It sounds awkward to explain but it probably takes longer to explain than doing the job. The only hard bit is laying on the ground to do the job. When it is done you will be amazed at the ease with which you can turn the waste drain tap on and off, which is marked, by the way. Good luck, and go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
        You just have to unscrew one large nut behind the metal plate securing the tap (adjustable spanner is needed) and undo a jubilee clip. Then pull the tap towards you and off. Expect some water to land on you! The present beer keg tap has a plastic pipe pushed into it that is also pushed into the flexible pipe on the Romahome-in other words it bridges the gap internally. You have to remove this and transfer it to the new tap. Use a screwing action. The 2 taps have the same diameter, same nuts, threads etc.
        It sounds awkward to explain but it probably takes longer to explain than doing the job. The only hard bit is laying on the ground to do the job. When it is done you will be amazed at the ease with which you can turn the waste drain tap on and off, which is marked, by the way. Good luck, and go for it!

Thank you!

I guess if I can buy and change a hose in an old car (prompting surprised comments from the local postman, seeing me, spanner in hand, bonnet up), I should be able to manage this!

Comment

I turned the tap on our outlook and made an aluminium handle to fit on it to make it easy to turn.

By the way I tried to find thoes part numbers on their website and could not. Could you post pictures please.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
            I turned the tap on our outlook and made an aluminium handle to fit on it to make it easy to turn.

By the way I tried to find thoes part numbers on their website and could not. Could you post pictures please.

Peter
            Could these pages contain what we are looking for?

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/Car..._fittings.aspx

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/car...aste_tank.aspx (difference in final digit)
            Last edited by NomadSue; 30-09-2011, 21:04. Reason: clarity

Comment

Further on Waste tap replacement

Originally posted by peterholden View Post

Peter
              Hi! Peter, I tried to download the picture but it won't! You can enlarge it on their site though. Wretched computers. You will find the part numbers correct, enter Leisureshopdirect into your browser, then click on:-

Leisureshopdirect caravans

drill own to:-
              caravan accessoreis, motorhome accessories etc.
              Water
              Accessories
              Waste fittings
              Scroll down to 5th item

I hope this helps.

Graham
              Last edited by GeeCee; 02-10-2011, 12:23. Reason: Senior moment

Comment

Drain tap

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users