Pump for Water tank has stopped working in my romahome outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pump for Water tank has stopped working in my romahome outlook

The pump has gone in my romahome outlook and it is a nuisance not being able to have running water from my water tap. Anyone suggest the best place to get one. The van is 2000 Hdi model of 2003. I live in Northern Ireland. Many thanks, Christine

Hi. I have noticed this is your first post so presume you are a 'newbie'. So welcome to the forum.

N.Ireland, eh? A beautiful place - we lived in Portstewart once - lots of beautiful countryside to explore in your van. Safe wanderings.

I hope you get your pump problem sorted out without too much problem.
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Hi and welocme to the Sm website!

It could be just a microswitch to the pump that needs replacing.

If you go onto Yell.com, type caravan repairs in the 'looking for' box, and then type 'northern ireland' in the where? box and hit the search button, it comes up with quite a few, so you could just choose the nearest one to you!

Comment

The pump and microswitch in my R20 are made by Whale,and very common its an easy job to change either.
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thought my pump had gone at the South West meet a couple of weeks ago, contacted Ant and tried a few things as he said it was very unusual for the pump to pack up without blowing a fuse. The upshot was we took the van to him and he diagnosed a faulty earth, only passing 6volts instead of 12, half an hour later we were on our way. Maybe worth trying an Ask Ant with the symptoms before buying a new pump.

Good Luck
          Colin

Comment

2003 Outlook, before you spend any money I'd check the wires haven't fallen off the switch at the tap. in those days the wires were often unsupported near the tap and could easily vibrate off, and often did. You can have a quick look by removing the 4 screws that hold the tap down and carefully lifting the tap unit up, the wires will be visible on the side.
            Ant

Comment

I'd go along with the 'check for a faulty microswitch' suggestion first as well. My parents' caravan went through three or four of those.

You can check the pump's ok by putting 12v directly to it. If that works, start checking with a multimeter, or even probes and a buzzer, to find how far the voltage gets along the proper wiring.

Good luck

Comment

My pump in my caravan has stopped working. It pumps, but doesn't draw the water through.

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
                  My pump in my caravan has stopped working. It pumps, but doesn't draw the water through.
                  Hi Caz - that sounds like there's an air lock somewhere, or could be a hole somewhere along the pipework (only needs to be the size of a pin!) or a faulty connection - which is letting in air. If you have two taps, turn them both on and then put on the pump, then turn them on and off randomly - I sorted my dads pump out like that. Eventually we got rid of an air lock. Later the microswitch in the system had to be replaced, and it could be that, even if you can still hear the pump working.

If its a submersible pump, try tipping it upside down in a bucket of water and wiggling it about with the taps open to see if the water comes out of the taps that way. Sometimes the actual pump itself gets an airlock.
                  Last edited by jayjay; 05-10-2011, 09:04.

Comment

It's a submersible, and I only have a cold tap, no switches.

I'll try the upside down thingy. It was working fine in Blackpool, then I packed up and drove to the New Forest, re-filled the container - and it wouldn't work - so it could be an airlock in the pump or something.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                      Hi Caz - that sounds like there's an air lock somewhere, or could be a hole somewhere along the pipework (only needs to be the size of a pin!) or a faulty connection - which is letting in air. If you have two taps, turn them both on and then put on the pump, then turn them on and off randomly - I sorted my dads pump out like that. Eventually we got rid of an air lock. Later the microswitch in the system had to be replaced, and it could be that, even if you can still hear the pump working.

If its a submersible pump, try tipping it upside down in a bucket of water and wiggling it about with the taps open to see if the water comes out of the taps that way. Sometimes the actual pump itself gets an airlock.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Jayjay, you never cease to amaze me with your little pearls of wisdom!
                      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I would go with Ants suggestion first, if thats not the problem follow up on the other suggestions, if the pump needs replacing its a whale pump, i paid £15 a few years ago when i had to replace mine, i expect they may be a little dearer now, it is very easy to replace, just a couple of screws to undo, let us know how you go on.

Nightowl

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X