Dimension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimension

Could anyone tell me what the payload is for a dimension and how would I know if it has the cat3 winterisation.

thank you.

Originally posted by twin1 View Post
    Could anyone tell me what the payload is for a dimension and how would I know if it has the cat3 winterisation.

thank you.
    The easiest solution is to ring Romahome and quote the build number the average paylod for a type 2 relay is 439KG less any additions you have added if it was second hand I doubt if you will have Cat 3 winterisation but look underneath to see if both water tanks are lagged, you dont say what year it is

Alf

Comment

dimension

Originally posted by alf39 View Post
      The easiest solution is to ring Romahome and quote the build number the average paylod for a type 2 relay is 439KG less any additions you have added if it was second hand I doubt if you will have Cat 3 winterisation but look underneath to see if both water tanks are lagged, you dont say what year it is

Alf
      Year 2007 but have not looked at it yet hoping to ask a few questions first.
      WELL! never thought to have a look underneath! thats too easy ,thanks for reply

Comment

Year 2007 but have not looked at it yet hoping to ask a few questions first.
        WELL! never thought to have a look underneath! thats too easy ,thanks for reply
        yes,its a woman.

Comment

apologies

yes,its a woman.
          I apologise but I have put this in the wrong forum ,will try and put it in the correct one .

Comment

yes,its a woman.
            Err excuse me but I work with female scientists and medics of all grades ,my line manager is a lady,I have had female heads of dept---- you are as capable of being brilliant as any man and from time to time we all do daft things,thats what makes us human.

Head up girl,you have a lot going for you
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

thank you.
              ------------------------
              Er cat3 winterisation? Please enlighten me. Is this something that also applies to an R20 2008 base vehicle but new conversion? Now I'm getting seriously worried by a serious gap in my knowledge and want to be sure the van is ready for winter.

A while ago someone kindly referred me to Ant's advice re winterisation of a van.

I had understood that, once it is evident that frost / winter was imminent, it would be wise to:

1.totally drain the water system in the housing pod and leave the tap open. Then presumably to rely on an independent water source (eg a plastic water container and plastic bowl).

2.Uncertain re the loo - perhaps rely on those on site? Add a drop or two or antifreeze or would that be a chemical disaster?

3. nowadays ethylene glycol is in the system all year round, isn't it? (ie antifreeze )

4. Vaseline and oil all rubber bits eg round the windows, also the locks

5. heating the van, when camping, either with a simple heater or by boiling the kettle for a min or two. Also using the external silver screen.

Please could you advise me if there is anything else I need to remember to do?
              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

dimension

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                Err excuse me but I work with female scientists and medics of all grades ,my line manager is a lady,I have had female heads of dept---- you are as capable of being brilliant as any man and from time to time we all do daft things,thats what makes us human.

Head up girl,you have a lot going for you
                Sorry Ian ,bit tongue in cheek that reply,must be my Yorkshire sense of humour but many thanks for your support,appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
                  ------------------------
                  Er cat3 winterisation? Please enlighten me. Is this something that also applies to an R20 2008 base vehicle but new conversion? Now I'm getting seriously worried by a serious gap in my knowledge and want to be sure the van is ready for winter.

A while ago someone kindly referred me to Ant's advice re winterisation of a van.

I had understood that, once it is evident that frost / winter was imminent, it would be wise to:

1.totally drain the water system in the housing pod and leave the tap open. Then presumably to rely on an independent water source (eg a plastic water container and plastic bowl).

2.Uncertain re the loo - perhaps rely on those on site? Add a drop or two or antifreeze or would that be a chemical disaster?

3. nowadays ethylene glycol is in the system all year round, isn't it? (ie antifreeze )

4. Vaseline and oil all rubber bits eg round the windows, also the locks

5. heating the van, when camping, either with a simple heater or by boiling the kettle for a min or two. Also using the external silver screen.

Please could you advise me if there is anything else I need to remember to do?
                  You are spot on don't worry.I was asking because its advertised on the new Dimension blurb. we do the same as you and I am quite happy with a plastic bowl.We go on the theory take as little as possible.
                  I had a chat with Alf 39 who was brilliant and very up to date with what's what. I know now what to look out for and what to check and what is the best model. decided to see how the sale of the Duo goes and then take the advise he has given me.
                  The forum is so good for advise . I always check before doing anything.Sorry if it worried you.
                  twin1

Comment

Draining Down

Hi NomadSue2011 its always a good idea to take the van for a 20 to 30 mile run after draining down leave all drain taps and internal taps open the road vibration should help to drain all the pockets of water out of odd twists and bends in pipework etc. I also use my small air compressor to blow out the water pipes.We use the van all year round so we carry a container of fresh water but tend to fill 2 large flasks at home when off for the day then as we use these we boil the kettle to refill so then we always have a supply of hot water

Alf

Comment

Sorry Ian ,bit tongue in cheek that reply,must be my Yorkshire sense of humour but many thanks for your support,appreciated.
                      Znai je my videli tebia

Alf

Comment

Originally posted by alf39 View Post
                        Znai je my videli tebia

Alf
                        You have me fascinated Alf,would you kindly explain what language that is and what it means?

Thanks
                        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

You have me fascinated Alf,would you kindly explain what language that is and what it means?

Thanks
                          Glad you asked Ian, I tried to google translate from French but the computer nearly blew up.
                          Graham
                          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Yorkshire

Thanks
                            Hi Ian, its yorkshire actualy

Tum ty godlials meri jen :so happy:

and so on it goes go on work it out Twin 1 .... Marsha should work it out allthough I would have though Graham would have heard it as well being just over the border as it were

more later

Comment

Eee bah gum, am still flumoxed.
                              Graham
                              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X