Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat belts

Hi,

My wife and I are thinking of getting a Romahome. We would like to be able to carry other passengers in the back. Is it possible to fit seat belts in the back of models with just the side facing benches or do we have to buy a Duo plus or one of the more recent models with two seats and table to one side.

I realise that the belts will probably only be lap belts but are there suitable points for these to be fitted.

Thanks

Ivor
    Last edited by Ivor3648; 15-02-2010, 20:05. Reason: correction

Hi Ivor.
    I'm afraid you're going to have to buy either a "Plus" or a "Pullman" version. It is now not legal to use sideways facing lap belts ( its not illegal to sit sideways without a belt in the back of a Motorhome!), as a dealer I'm not allowed to fit belts to bench seats that face sideways. They used to be allowed and many second hand C15's come through with them fitted but they can only be used as luggage restraints.
    Ant

Comment

Ant,

Just as I thought - thanks - I posted this question twice so have other replies in the general Romahome board. As a dealer can you tell me off hand are the seat belts on the Pullman seats just lap belts or three point?

Cheers

Ivor

Comment

Ivor.
        The early Pullman seats had two lap belts, in about 2006( there were some late 05 with the 3 point) the forward facing seat had a 3 point belt and the rear facing seat a lap.
        Thanks
        Ant

Comment

Just what I needed to know - thanks very much.

What a great and friendly forum this is......

Ivor
          Last edited by Ivor3648; 16-02-2010, 14:57.

Comment

Ant,

Graham has mentioned that Avon used to do a try before you buy scheme - hire for a period and then purchase if suitable - do you still do it?

Ivor

Comment

Hi Ivor.
              I did do a "Try B 4 U Buy" scheme on the Berlingo based Romahome R20. I've now sold the van I had registered for it now and I'm not sure, in view of the fact the R20 Berlingo is being phased out, whether to do another new van. If, however I had a used van in stock with some tax on it I would consider letting it go out on a short "TB4UB" period.
              Ant

Comment

Hi Ant,

Thanks for your reply. Having concidered all the options the most likely van that we would like to try/purchase is a used Romahome Duo Plus Hylo.

All the best

Ivor

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X