As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Gas!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    HELP! Gas!!

    Can anyone tell us what we may be doing wrong. We took the roma to a local outlet to get a new gas bottle because we though ours was empty. No it isn't empty so the man says because he weighed it (he was a bit grumpy) Anyway he we have looked at our manual for the cooker and followed instructions.. It still doesn't seem to be working!! Is there somewhere on the Outside we have to turn something on?

    Thank you
    Jessie

    #2
    Originally posted by jessiem View Post
    Can anyone tell us what we may be doing wrong. We took the roma to a local outlet to get a new gas bottle because we though ours was empty. No it isn't empty so the man says because he weighed it (he was a bit grumpy) Anyway he we have looked at our manual for the cooker and followed instructions.. It still doesn't seem to be working!! Is there somewhere on the Outside we have to turn something on?

    Thank you
    Hi Jessie

    What Roma have you got? Someone with the same van might be able to help.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

    Comment


      #3
      Is the fridge working on gas? Perhaps it's a fault at the cooker.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

      Comment


        #4
        If it is butane (blue cylinder) the gas may not be vaporising. Try putting the cylinder in the warm for a while.
        Derek Our Berlingo camping car

        Comment


          #5
          Hi Jessie
          Have you used the cooker before? If not there are red knobs inside the van controlling the gas to each outlet and they are normally in line with the gas pipe to be turned on. Just a thought.
          Colin

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Graham View Post
            Hi Jessie

            What Roma have you got? Someone with the same van might be able to help.

            Looking back through Jess's earlier posts, she has got an outlook.
            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by niloc View Post
              Hi Jessie
              Have you used the cooker before? If not there are red knobs inside the van controlling the gas to each outlet and they are normally in line with the gas pipe to be turned on. Just a thought.
              Colin
              From memory when we first got our HyLo, we also had problems turning the gas on. We too thought that the red knobs should be in line with the gas pipe to be "on", i.e. vertically aligned (this being the normal domestic gas tap arrangement).

              But no Romahome fitted them so that the red knob was horizontal to be "on". This, together with me turning the gas "off" at the cyclinder led to a period of confusion before it finally got sorted.

              Barry

              Comment


                #8
                Well, what can I say hubby didn't realise the open and close valve on the top of the bottle was closed!! Ahemmm!! Anyway, we did find the valve that connects to the gas bottle needs replacing as when fully open the gas leaks out.We spoke to a very nice man in the IOW when we enquired about our glass worktop and he was helpful so we need a new connecting valve.

                No we haven't used the Romahome for days away yet. Hubby uses it more as an everyday motor at the moment. He says it drives better than our car!!!!! March is our time out...That should be fun..It's our learning weekend
                Jessie

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hi jessie

                  You don't need to go to Romahome for the parts you need.

                  Go to your local caravan dealer with your romahome and explain the problem. They should be able to provide the parts from their accessories shop as they are standard parts. (If they have anything about them they should also fit them for free)

                  Peter

                  Comment


                    #10
                    By the way, I don't know where in Surrey you live but these people are Romahome dealers

                    Freeborn Surrey
                    Guildford Road (A3100)
                    Godalming
                    Surrey
                    GU7 3BU

                    Comment


                      #11
                      thank you peter for replying. Yes we are not far from Godalming Romahome, but we also have a camping gas shop not too far away, anyway as it happens the part we needed is obsolete now and so a new hose and a new off/on tap (fits on the gas bottle) have been put on, husband fitted it and says it is working fine now.
                      Jessie

                      Comment

                      320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                      Collapse

                      728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X