• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scarrabri1
    replied
    A little dissapointed

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
    I remember that, and the shower, Brian! Don't tell me you had to take it all out again? Oh that must have been such a disappointment. Couldn't you have got someone in to certificate it then?

BYe the way, if you're ever in need of a mobile engineer for certification and other stuff, I know of one who did a lot of stuff in my van. Knows his stuff and a lot cheaper than the caravan places! Comes from over Leek way.
    Hi jayjay,yes i was very dissapointed,but American law and our laws are not the same and rightly so,if theres any chance of any thing going wrong,its not worth the risk,uk law states not to be used,so out it came and in went another water heater,which is uk approved,mind you i am getting good at installing boilers in campervans, we live and learn,but when i was told it was ilegal, ,i thought,oh great ,infact if i was sure there was life after death i would have thrown myself off a cliff lol,thanks for the imformation about mobile engineer. best wishes Brian

Leave a comment:

• jayjay
    replied
    I remember that, and the shower, Brian! Don't tell me you had to take it all out again? Oh that must have been such a disappointment. Couldn't you have got someone in to certificate it then?

BYe the way, if you're ever in need of a mobile engineer for certification and other stuff, I know of one who did a lot of stuff in my van. Knows his stuff and a lot cheaper than the caravan places! Comes from over Leek way.

Leave a comment:

• scarrabri1
    started a topic How to get things wrong

How to get things wrong

Hi last year i decided to fit an American water heater in my Honda Acty Romahome,which i did and it was brilliant,until i found out it should have had a certificate with it,to make it ok to use in this country, so after getting over what a fool i am lol i took it all out,leaving a bit of a mess where the fixing bolts had been,which i still have to repair,i then got talking to my boss who had a caravan for years,who told me that i should have bought one of the carver hot water heaters,and so it begins,ihave fitted it,but i have not taken any pics of it in situation yet,but i will,i do how ever i have a few pics of the carver when i was reconditioning it,so i thought you may like a look ,this is just a few pics of the unit with the parts i replaced ,pressure valve ,non return valve , the drain off plug,i will put some pics up of the gas valve and burner when i get chance ,and now im off to see how jayjay is doing in the caravan section, best wishes Brian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scarrabri1; 07-03-2010, 21:08.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X