Help! Reversing camera not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Reversing camera not working!

The reversing camera and monitor were working fine until yesterday, when the monitor did not display a live view, just a blue screen with a 'no signal' message. The monitor appears to be working, so I think it's the camera. (it's rained here in Manchester a lot over the last week, and I haven"t used the van)

I live in the corner of a cul de sac which is often choked with cars and the occasional child, so I've been very dependent on the reversing system, particularly at night - any advice would be much appreciated. Any suggestions for clip on side mirrors as a back up would be very helpful too!

Thanks very much
    Von

Is the camera plugged into the monitor ok?
    Are there any other in-line connectors from the camera to the monitors? Check them for water ingress. Dry them then spray with contact cleaner or silicone grease. Can you disconnect the camera and remove it easily? Take it off and dry it in the airing cupboard at home for a couple of days.
    Jim
    :jump for joy:Jimish

Comment

Thanks Jimish, the camera lens is mounted in the rear bumper, and the wires run between the sliding rear step, and the undercarriage of the van, so I'm not sure how to get at it. I think all the connections are in place, one thing I do need to check is the van reversing light, in case the camera is wired to that, I guess if the bulb has gone that would mean the camera can't send a signal. Clutching at straws here!

Comment

Reversing camera failure

Hi Von, my rev cam did exactly the same thing, blue screen - no signal. My camera is situated above the rear door on my c15 and looks pretty water resistant with the cables accessing the van at high level,behind the lining panels. As I did the installation myself I quickly found the connection block that joins the camera to the DVD screen. As this was situated within the inside of the van I new it was not due to the rain but I duly pulled apart the phono plugs and I noticed they had condensation on the metal parts. A quick wipe and pushed the plugs together and bingo job done. I don't know if the problem was caused by dampness or a loose connection.
        It seems that your screen is not receiving a camera signal ,pretty certain it's immaterial whether the bulb lights or not, you need to Find the 12v cable that energises the camera I suppose a good place to start would be behind the rear lamps and then move on to the area of the reversing light switch at the gearbox, but it could be anywhere on the reversing lamp circuit-however it may be simpler to get an auto electrician to check it out as these cameras are easily ruined if connected up wrongly.ie incorrect polarity etc Perhaps ant could advise further good luck
        Last edited by Tony; 02-01-2012, 17:35.

Comment

That's helpful Tony, I know where the camera wires and the monitor link together - underneath the lining above the windscreen, could well be condensation there I'd imagine - will investigate!

Comment

Yvonne

I regularly get a blue screen on my reversing camera screen, due to the fact that the unit has 2 inputs and it switches to input 2 when fiddling with the touchscreen display.
            Maybe not that simple though.

Been looking to add a camera above the rear door to input 2, as when it rains the spray when driving washes out the view from the bumper cam. Intend to use it pointed to nearside for seeing overtaking cars in France.

Tony Anchorman
            Last edited by anchorman; 02-01-2012, 18:39.

Comment

Reversing cam fault

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
              That's helpful Tony, I know where the camera wires and the monitor link together - underneath the lining above the windscreen, could well be condensation there I'd imagine - will investigate!
              That's a great start! While you are at you will probably find the 12v supply and that should be fused to protect the kit. Just be careful that you don't cause a short in this line especially after the fuse. You don't get a 2nd chance here!!

Comment

Reversing cam

[QUOTE=anchorman;33935]Yvonne

I regularly get a blue screen on my reversing camera screen, due to the fact that the unit has 2 inputs and it switches to input 2 when fiddling with the touchscreen display.
                Maybe not that simple though.

Been looking to add a camera above the rear door to input 2, as when it rains the spray when driving washes out the view from the bumper cam. Intend to use it pointed to nearside for seeing overtaking cars in France.

Hi anchorman. I have a two camera set up on the roof above the back door. 1 camera for general rear view and the 2 camera for the close up rear area, about a foot from the rear. I wired mine into the ignition circuit and with manual switch on after starting the engine. I toggle between cameras as needed.
                I find the 2 cam set up works very well but in rainy conditions the rearward spray can reduce its performance. Even in this elevated position still i would not be without it!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X