Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you do yours?

Clean it I mean!

I've not had my van long, and I'm intimidated by trying to clean the roof. I reckon I'll have to work off a step-ladder on one side, and maybe standing on a wall on the other. I have one of those telescopic brushes with a hozelock fitting from Maplin, so I can use that with my (cold) garden tap. I also have a pressure washer.

I recall someone using a hand carwash, but they were working standing on the roof! I don't think my Bongo'd take that.

I feel like a mahout alongside his elephant, except I can't persuade my van to lie down in the river!

Any tips or pointers? feel free to just laugh at me and tell me the dirt's protective...

Originally posted by JimD View Post
    Clean it I mean!

I've not had my van long, and I'm intimidated by trying to clean the roof. I reckon I'll have to work off a step-ladder on one side, and maybe standing on a wall on the other. I have one of those telescopic brushes with a hozelock fitting from Maplin, so I can use that with my (cold) garden tap. I also have a pressure washer.

I recall someone using a hand carwash, but they were working standing on the roof! I don't think my Bongo'd take that.

I feel like a mahout alongside his elephant, except I can't persuade my van to lie down in the river!

Any tips or pointers? feel free to just laugh at me and tell me the dirt's protective...
    Afraid theres no easy way to do a Bongo roof Jim.I used to use the stepladder method you shouldnt have to do it that often if you get it well waxed.Once its been cleaned properly it makes the job a lot easier!!

You could always try hanging out of the upstairs window with a pressure washer

I wouldn't recommend standing on it eitherits tough but not that tough!!

I am supposing that its an orginal Freetop and not a new add on roof on a tintop??

Comment

If you want to lean a ladder up to the van put a pair of old trainers on the end of the ladder to protect the body work, I got this tip from Ant.

I've also got one of THESE which I use to clean the roof of my Dimension, it fits on to the end of a hosepipe.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Why not move the wall to the other side? Or else turn the Romahome round!
        That way you can forget the steps.
        Jim
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I do our Romahome roof from a step ladder, I do it from each side in 3 stages.

Peter

Comment

Step ladder here too...shuffling it around the van in stages so I don't have to lean too far and fall off
            Neil

Comment

Stepladder here too for the caravan roof, and a soft fluffy mop to do it with! Mine would never look good even if it was as clean as a new pin as it is pitted and scarred, so I just do my best! And because I don't go out in it over the winter, I clean and polish it, then put a winter cover on, so it's not so bad in the spring.

Comment

No instant-fix ideas then? Ah well, I didn't really expect any I like the idea of the trainers on the ladder top though!

I've got one of these brushes so I can reach the middle ok, but I'll need to use a step ladder so I can see if I've cleaned all over. Though I'm half thinking of getting some of these (warning, turn the sound down if casual use of the 'f' word upsets you).

I reckon I'll get drenched. maybe I should get a marine survival suit first...

Comment

: : : What a mental image!

Brilliant. Perhaps they should issue these as standard kit for vans, like the silly little pyramid style stabalisers we were given.

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                  No instant-fix ideas then? Ah well, I didn't really expect any I like the idea of the trainers on the ladder top though!

I've got one of these brushes so I can reach the middle ok, but I'll need to use a step ladder so I can see if I've cleaned all over. Though I'm half thinking of getting some of these (warning, turn the sound down if casual use of the 'f' word upsets you).

I reckon I'll get drenched. maybe I should get a marine survival suit first...
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X