Changing the body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the body

Hi has anyone here changed the body of a romahome mine has a great body but the van is nackered I am going to try as it would be a sin not to try and scrap it http://cms.dinstudio.com/cms/diary_1_2.html
    Last edited by Arch; 23-02-2012, 22:55. Reason: ad blog

Romahome counsel against it as they say that the adhesives they use mean that it is never meant to come off. I suppose there is a chance of damaging the shell as you remove the bits of old van. Make sure that the new van has at least the same payload. Vans made from 2002 onwards are only 600kg and most Romahomes are built on the 800Kg van or the 765Kg chassis cab.

If I were contemplating this I would canvas insurance companies to check that it could be insured and what special requiremenst are needed such as an engineers report.

Good luck

Peter

Comment

rebodying a new van/chassis is not difficult nowadays,naturally the original manufacturers would prefer you to scrap it and buy new,contact local van converters,they are familiar with this kind of job. good luck and keep us posted.

Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

You see quite few re-bodied ones for sale so it must be doable.

Arch, can't get to your link without signing up to dinstudio.

Comment

Romahome

Well lads on Sat we did it and I have to say it was a pice of cake you just have to take your time but all the talk that it is ment not to come off is c**p it has taken me and my brother about 6 hours to remove it fro the body with no damage to either I was hoping people might be able to see it on our blog but I will post pic's here and if anyone wants info just mail me on [email protected] putting it back togethre looks like it will be just as handy so its looking out for a doner van now :so happy::so happy::so happy:

Comment

Originally posted by Arch View Post
            Well lads on Sat we did it and I have to say it was a pice of cake you just have to take your time but all the talk that it is ment not to come off is c**p it has taken me and my brother about 6 hours to remove it fro the body with no damage to either I was hoping people might be able to see it on our blog but I will post pic's here and if anyone wants info just mail me on [email protected] putting it back togethre looks like it will be just as handy so its looking out for a doner van now :so happy::so happy::so happy:
            well done Arch,
            I have seen seen several rebodies done by small volume converters and they are all good.Some took the opportunity to do some interesting additions,cupboards in the luton,waste tanks,extra lights etc. i look forward to meeting you on a site somewhere.
            Ian
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Tried to have a look at it, but it seems to require me to log on ??

Comment

Contact my good friend Tim at bedfordrascal.com - he has done this a few times.
                Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

There is a guy not far from where I live in Towyn who took the body off his Bedford and fitted it to an Isuzu pick after removing the pick up bed, next time I'm passing I will take a photo.

Comment

I've noticed a few on e-bay and other places while I've been looking around. Feel sorry for this chap:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Ro...b#ht_500wt_901

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X